Best $30-$40 portable headphone amp?
Aug 8, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #2 of 8
You probably don't need an amp at all for the Mee M6.

Walnut F1 is a nice amp in that price range, but it has some significant caveats. (Short battery life, no low gain, not good for sensitive IEMs.)

Aug 8, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #3 of 8
Im thinking of going xtra mile getting fiio a3, might as well.

My phone doesn't push the m6 is that well it does but I feel that it could be pushed a little bit more.

Aug 8, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #4 of 8
Consensus is usually that in this kind of situation, you'll get more for your money by spending it on IEMs than amps. Most inexpensive IEMs (and many expensive ones as well) are designed to be driven by phones and don't require an amp for good results.

However, I don't have firsthand experience with the M6, so I can't say if that logic necessarily applies here.

Aug 9, 2018 at 1:41 AM Post #5 of 8
A3 is a very nice little device; I tried one for a while and it definitely has a good feel to it. As an alternative, check out the Topping NX series of amps.

Aug 9, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #7 of 8
Ima Im for nx1 for $40. 40hrs of playtime. Damn. Thanks for mentioning that.
No prob. Just remember that the A3 is almost twice as powerful, however you won't need that at all for those IEMs if that's your goal. Be sure to get the latest version, which is the NX1s(not NX1a/NX1), it adds a bass boost that the older versions don't have. Should be able to find one at $35-40 new easily on ebay or amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back