Best 20 GB MP3 Player
Jul 6, 2005 at 4:29 AM Post #31 of 40
FYI
Somone started anew thread on Rio Karma dying in this forum.
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=126428.
Did n't have to go too far .....
orphsmile.gif
orphsmile.gif
orphsmile.gif

Jul 6, 2005 at 6:14 AM Post #32 of 40
Yea.. When things go wrong people usually complain about it. I see a problem about the Ipod headphone jacks on the forum. You hear problems of Ipod's battery dieing. They even got sued for it. I guess thats why I didn't want to take a chance with the Ipod. :wink:

Jul 6, 2005 at 9:11 AM Post #33 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graz
I'm still waiting to see some meaningful SQ reviews on the new Toshiba Gigabeat F-series devices. I think they look pretty sweet & the color screen is gorgeous...the only question is "how's the sound"?

I don't wanna be the first guy on the head-fi block to try one of these... where's bangraman when you need him?
eggosmile.gif

Peace,

Graz

i sell the european version. the sound is ok, if a little unengaging (e3cs)

Jul 6, 2005 at 10:57 AM Post #34 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Otophonus
What is your problem ?
Did you even go to the website i mentioned above . Not to start a war here . Read 1st 8 or so reviews on the first page .About 60 plus percent are complains about hardware not functioning well. Some are nice reviews with people who have owned them for months .
You should be happy your unit is working well. it is not about battery life ,it is with the device not working .
At least i will not buy something that has hardware issues lot of people mention consistently . BTW even this thread has a few .Honestly ,good detailed consumer reviews are what i read before buying any elecctronic Gadget . Why would soemone write a negative review , unless they are experiencing problems with the gadget in question.
I am glad you are happy with the device and should post a positive review on Cnet ,describing how great Rio karma is .

Why do you have to an as..... forget it I am not going to post on CNET because I am happy with my Karma. You don't own one, keep your mouth shut.

Jul 11, 2005 at 1:01 PM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acidice
Do you even HAVE a karma? My Karma hasn't locked up ever and its a good half year old. If you've ever been to Riovolution.com there are alot of healthy karmas out there.

that may be true, but there are too many 'un'-healthy karmas out there for my liking. a few should crap out, but not as many as the karma....

Jul 11, 2005 at 1:08 PM Post #36 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT
Why do you have to an as..... forget it I am not going to post on CNET because I am happy with my Karma. You don't own one, keep your mouth shut.

easy does it, george. This is an opinion based forum, not a place to sling mud... If anything, I'd tell you to clean up you attitude a tad. If not maybe you should keep your mouth shut...

Jul 11, 2005 at 2:15 PM Post #37 of 40
I had both the H320 and the Karma. I wound up getting rid of the H320 after I learned how to really work the parametric EQ on the Karma. Once it is set up correctly it sounds much better or at least it did to me with my SR-60's. I wish I had it now to try with my HD-600's and tube amp. I also remember the line out on the H320 was not a true line out as the volume was still fully adjustable with the line out jack. I do think the quality of the H320 was better though. It felt like a much more sturdy unit. My Karma now has issues with line noise as I have dropped it a few times although I think that it was nothing bad. I mean a shot drop off my bed shouldnt cause the issues I have now. I would own another at the prices they are at and think they sound great. Gapless on it is awsome, one of those things you dont realize how much you like it untill you dont have it.

Jul 12, 2005 at 8:25 AM Post #39 of 40
Quote:

What is your problem ?
Did you even go to the website i mentioned above . Not to start a war here . Read 1st 8 or so reviews on the first page .About 60 plus percent are complains about hardware not functioning well. Some are nice reviews with people who have owned them for months .
You should be happy your unit is working well. it is not about battery life ,it is with the device not working .
At least i will not buy something that has hardware issues lot of people mention consistently . BTW even this thread has a few .Honestly ,good detailed consumer reviews are what i read before buying any elecctronic Gadget . Why would soemone write a negative review , unless they are experiencing problems with the gadget in question.
I am glad you are happy with the device and should post a positive review on Cnet ,describing how great Rio karma is

*sigh*

Most people ONLY post reviews if they have a problem. People expect things to work, if they do, they don't say anything. Therefore, the complaints on that page are vastly overnumerated compared to the actual failure rate (this holds true for practically any electronic device). And a lot of those 'failures' were just lockups solvable by a simple reset (a friend had a Karma, and claimed it 'died'. I went over, and paperclip reset it, and its now on its second year of use). And the Karma is a LOT cheaper than other 20GB players. Many people forget this. I'm not sure about the best 20GB player, but it has to be the best value for money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back