Best 100-150$ headphones for pop music
Jul 22, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #31 of 45
Honestly, I don't listen to the M50s too often, I recognize that they are good headphones so I keep them as part of my collection and use them as a reference when I A/B (test) against other headphones, but I have other headphones I enjoy more.  But when I do listen to music  with the M50s they do well with modern pop, j-pop, hiphop, and electronic music.

They are bass heavy though, so not the best for orchestra and sound tracks, and the bass bleeds into the soundstage somewhat for for gaming. Still, a good gamer will do well with any decent headphones :D

Which headphones aren't bass heavy somthing good for country music to?

Jul 22, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #32 of 45
I don't listen to too much country, except some of the slower songs that play on the Lite Rock stations, so I'm not entirely sure. I would think the sonic sound it would be a like mix between Pop (vocals) and Orchestra (instruments) so the M50s should still playback that genre well. In fact, the M50 is a great all rounder for the Top 100 type music, which is why they are so popular. Even though I said not the best and that they are a bit bass heavy, that is in comparision to other headphones that cost more and/or are not suitable for mobile use. I think you should be okay for the ATH-M50, and if not, you could always return them and try another set of headphones but the ATH M50s are a solid choice.

Jul 22, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #33 of 45
Ahh thanks I would of been mad if I realized that the m50 didn't fit my iphone. So I just put plug that m50 jack into the splittier and then I just hook the splitter cord to my iphone?
Just use an extension cable
Any 3.5mm male to female cable will work. If you dont have a case on your phone, you'll be fine without it

Jul 22, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #36 of 45
Guys, what's the difference between the ATH-IM50 and the ATH IM-70 please.

Also, I'd really appreciate if you could help with recommendations for my thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/727757/best-in-ear-headphones-under-200-vote-the-best-choice-in-the-poll

Jul 22, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #37 of 45
Thanks guys

Also does amazon have good return policy( the one amazon in amazon warehouse)

Jul 23, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #38 of 45
I don't listen to too much country, except some of the slower songs that play on the Lite Rock stations, so I'm not entirely sure. I would think the sonic sound it would be a like mix between Pop (vocals) and Orchestra (instruments) so the M50s should still playback that genre well. In fact, the M50 is a great all rounder for the Top 100 type music, which is why they are so popular. Even though I said not the best and that they are a bit bass heavy, that is in comparision to other headphones that cost more and/or are not suitable for mobile use. I think you should be okay for the ATH-M50, and if not, you could always return them and try another set of headphones but the ATH M50s are a solid choice.

Also do you believe that burn in really works?

Jul 25, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #42 of 45
Also If I get the m50x do I need a extension cable for my iphone?

Jul 25, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #44 of 45
Probably won't need an extension cable, and unless you've heard both, you're just shooting in the dark, and I assume you've searched around on the site for comparisons. Just pick whichever one you think you'll be happiest with from a year from now.

Jul 25, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #45 of 45
Probably won't need an extension cable, and unless you've heard both, you're just shooting in the dark, and I assume you've searched around on the site for comparisons. Just pick whichever one you think you'll be happiest with from a year from now.

Will the ue6000 make static or like shaking noises because the anc29 when I wear them in the car and while the car is moving it makes like shaking noise and some wierd noises when I turn on noise cancel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back