Best 1/4" panel mount phone jack
Apr 15, 2009 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

aloksatoor

100+ Head-Fier
I am halfway in the process of building a 3 channel B22. Does anyone know of a better quality 1/4" headphone jack other than the Neutrik NJ3FP6C-BAG sold in markertech and full compass et all.

There are a few nickel silver plated ones but the one i am looking for is a pure copper with brass/plastic housing.

Apr 15, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #2 of 11
Many don't like the Neutrik locking jack. I've used this one before and have liked it:
NMJ6HC-S

Good luck on the pure copper jack..
popcorn.gif

Apr 16, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #4 of 11
I've been thinking about trying one of these - not copper but it is bronze I guess. An all metal option to the standard plastic version that Pars recommended.

NYS2203

Apr 16, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by aloksatoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am halfway in the process of building a 3 channel B22. Does anyone know of a better quality 1/4" headphone jack other than the Neutrik NJ3FP6C-BAG sold in markertech and full compass et all.

There are a few nickel silver plated ones but the one i am looking for is a pure copper with brass/plastic housing.

LOL good luck indeed!! there is no such thing as an audiophile phone jack unfortunately. not even many high end RCA are pure copper. with eichmann being one of the only ones I know of off the top of my head. most are phosphor bronze, but yeah, no such luck with phon jacks. besides, where are you going to find a pure copper male?? even the venerable Furutech earsuit is phosphor bronze with gold plate.

May 24, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL good luck indeed!! there is no such thing as an audiophile phone jack unfortunately. not even many high end RCA are pure copper. with eichmann being one of the only ones I know of off the top of my head. most are phosphor bronze, but yeah, no such luck with phon jacks. besides, where are you going to find a pure copper male?? even the venerable Furutech earsuit is phosphor bronze with gold plate.

A few Guitar Plug manufacturers out there utilize some sort of OFC Copper core plug. G&H Plugs come to mind.

I noticed that switchcraft have some nickel plated copper jacks, but I don't think they qualify

May 25, 2009 at 10:08 AM Post #9 of 11
*pokes Neutrik to make a good panel jack*

I thought I'd be the cool kid with a locking jack. Then I realized that every time I want to swap cans, I have to depress the button. Blurgh.

May 25, 2009 at 10:52 AM Post #10 of 11
Oh no, what a chore! Haha, better than shorting out your channels when you realise the amps on. That locking system is a great reminder
smily_headphones1.gif

May 25, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

I thought I'd be the cool kid with a locking jack. Then I realized that every time I want to swap cans, I have to depress the button. Blurgh.

There's a guide at mb3k.com on how to remove the locking mechanism from those neutrik jacks. The main page is down right now for construction, but I'm sure the webmaster can link you to the old page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back