Berlin headfi/HIFI-FORUM meet on Sept. 11th: post your impressions and pictures here
Sep 14, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #16 of 30
It was done by rille2 from www.hifi-forum.de , and yes, he IS doing impressive work. Build my AMB Mini³, pure bliss!
wink.gif

Quote:
Ah, thanks. You do not happen to know who did the custum building? Really impressive work...

Sep 15, 2010 at 10:02 AM Post #20 of 30
I believe they haven't been rotated in the fist place, the software you used just changed the corresponding exif entr so that foto viewers would show a rotated view. Picasa does that all the time and it annoys the heck out of me.

Anyways, nice pics! Think I would really regret now not having attended - but lucky me, I have been there. :p

m00h

Sep 16, 2010 at 8:32 AM Post #22 of 30
Because of what I heard at the meet I have now ordered the NuForce uDAC-2. I am looking forward to recieve it. 
regular_smile .gif

It can be expensive to attend head-fi meets.... this has been one of the lesser expensive ones. Specially since now I do not have to buy the T5p. 

Sep 16, 2010 at 5:07 PM Post #23 of 30
If I had the money and the set up the Audio Technica W1000X would probably already be ordered. For now I have to settle with a DAC. 

Sep 17, 2010 at 2:26 AM Post #24 of 30

Quote:
If I had the money and the set up the Audio Technica W1000X would probably already be ordered. For now I have to settle with a DAC. 

W1000X was a great surprise. I liked its bright sound. 

Sep 21, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #25 of 30
For those of you Berliners who tried the newly released HD598, how did they compare to the HD650? Very curious on those gorgeous looking phones.

But perhaps there is something I am more interested in than those HD598s: Which amps did the W1000x's sound good with? I found myself unable to hold back once I saw a great deal on the forums for a MINT condition pair and now am the proud new owner of these beautiful cans. Admittedly, I haven't logged nearly enough hours to warrant a firm grasp on the sound signature, but from what I've heard so far these headphones are a bit on the bright side and indeed dark. Fortunately, both are not an issue on classical pieces and the soundstage, detail, and decay are so incredible that I find myself emotionally moved often. On more modern pop songs with a hotter treble and synthesized instruments, the sibilance and "off" sounding highs do make these phones fatiguing.

I'm currently searching for an amp that will slightly roll off the top end of the treble and make the mids warmer without taking away any detail; do any of the amps there have such synergy with the W1000x?

Sep 22, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #26 of 30
Quote:
For those of you Berliners who tried the newly released HD598, how did they compare to the HD650? Very curious on those gorgeous looking phones.

But perhaps there is something I am more interested in than those HD598s: Which amps did the W1000x's sound good with? I found myself unable to hold back once I saw a great deal on the forums for a MINT condition pair and now am the proud new owner of these beautiful cans. Admittedly, I haven't logged nearly enough hours to warrant a firm grasp on the sound signature, but from what I've heard so far these headphones are a bit on the bright side and indeed dark. Fortunately, both are not an issue on classical pieces and the soundstage, detail, and decay are so incredible that I find myself emotionally moved often. On more modern pop songs with a hotter treble and synthesized instruments, the sibilance and "off" sounding highs do make these phones fatiguing.

I'm currently searching for an amp that will slightly roll off the top end of the treble and make the mids warmer without taking away any detail; do any of the amps there have such synergy with the W1000x?

Who has pictures of the set up in the quit room with the Audio Technica's, Stax and others? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back