beresford capella why we cant acces this thread ?
May 14, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #3 of 6
I am very keen to read that thread. I have a Beresford Bushmaster mk II DAC and am looking to replace my amp. A retailer that has yet to steer me wrong has also recommended the Capella, but when I asked them about it they said it had positive reviews (rather than good sound) and linked me to a review here. It was that reviewers only review, but he cited the thread in question. I hate that I have to buy based upon reviews enough as it is, but to make purchasing decisions based upon the promise of good reviews is too much. I have found jack all elsewhere.
I even went and made this account.

May 19, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #4 of 6
Beresford was banned many years ago for creating multiple accounts on Head-Fi and shilling his own products. Given he was re-branding cheap gear from China (and probably still is) and has zero performance specs on his site, I'd probably go with just about anything else.

If you want help with suggesting a good amp or DAC/amp, information about what headphones you have, and your music source (computer, CD player or the like) and what other equipment you already use would be helpful.

Last edited:
May 19, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #5 of 6
I have a pair of Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro's and a pair of Audio-technica ATH-A990z headphones. Catering to the former would be preferred.
Beresford Bushmaster MK II DAC (I haven't heard a lot of DACs, but I do think it is very good).
Looking for an amplifier in the ~300 AUD price range, though I could be convinced up or down.
Computer for a source.

Not that my intention is to derail / steal this thread. If Beresford is selling cheap crap I'd like to hear that from someone who has listened to their products. Presumably the thread isn't a shill given that the Capella post dates Beresford's ban?
There are some searchable posts that include quotes from that thread, and they are positive, though they mostly pertain to using it as a preamp.

Last edited:
May 21, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #6 of 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back