Benjie K9 Lossless Music Player
Sep 14, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #16 of 26

You tried the bundled earbuds? They're not too shabby.

Trying now, and yes you are right - not shabby at all. Actually better than Monk - probably due to lower impedance. Man, the more I listen with bundled buds the more impressed. They obviously gave thought to the pairing! Gonna try with a few different portable amps today. Will report back. However, I am diggin' the bundled setup alot!!

Sep 19, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #17 of 26
Off topic but I thought i'd share a good amp to pair with the K9. Just got the blue bird u3 mini and am very impressed so far. Its their newest iteration, supposedly released in June. Granted I only did about 30 hours of listening with the pair but i'm VERY pleased with the money I paid. Its USD 25 on Taobao (domestic) and 35 on Aliexpress shipped. Soundstage is a smidge tighter through the amp but the separation is much more pronounced.

Spoke with the seller and was recommended rolling the OPA2604 to a MUSES02. Looks like my wallet will get lighter soon.

Oct 20, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #21 of 26
I have the Benjie K9 and I love this little player.. do you have any idea how to make the player load the file tag information for songs in the SD card?
I have to use the 'folder view' to find my music and its a pain sometimes when the filename is abnoxious.. I have put a 64GB card in if that matters..

Dec 16, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #22 of 26
Has anyone seen the AGPtek M28, update to the AGPtek M07 (Benjie k9), it has double playback time, volume buttons on the side, and a OLED screen rather than the TFT screen the K9 uses. Has anyone got one of these M28's? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Player-AGPtek-M28-books-Support-Black/dp/B01MAW7RRD/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Jan 5, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #23 of 26
Hi, a year and a half ago i had opened this thread

http://www.head-fi.org/t/765930/help-in-dap-choice

Since then i bought a primary DAP but i want a cheap second one as a back up. The same things i wanted for my primary one are the things i want for the secondary: Loudness (Rockboxed Sansa Clip+/Zip level), good battery life, the ability to play PC made playlists(media player, winamp etc..) would be a great plus, gapless playback would be good.

I am trying to pick between Benjie S5 and K9. How do they compare against each other. From what I've read, they seem almost the same with different hardware layouts and different screens. They Both have battery life of about 58 hours / 20 hours playback with headsets(although some list 12 hours of playback for the K9, I don't know which one is closer to reality).

What Do You Think? Which one is the louder one? Which one has the greater battery? Which one has the better sound overall? Which one can play playlists? Which One supports gapless playback? Which one is easier to use? And most of all are we talking about big differences or are they almost the same in every respect.

As a third and fourth alternative how about those ones?

http://www.gearbest.com/mp3-mp4-players/pp_144002.html
http://www.banggood.com/RUIZU-X08-8GB-1_8-Inch-Screen-HiFi-Sport-Music-Mp3-Player-With-FM-E-Book-Clock-Functions-p-1021511.html

How do they compare to the benjies in all of the above?

May 10, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #25 of 26
I need a K9 firmware if anyone has one. I flashed one with the AGPTek and like the 3x3 menu but it doesnt function correctly and I've now exhausted all the different AGPTek firmwares for the m07 that I could find and all have the same glitch. PM me please if you know where to find an original k9 firmware.

Thanks

May 12, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #26 of 26
Geez!! I have had the K9 for almost one year now and it still surprises the hell outa' me. When listening to it alone versus amped, makes me wonder why I spent money on those expensive amps. The difference to me, at least my ears, is not enough to justify amping it and toting the bigger brick. It is just FINE on its own. Sounds superior to my xDuoo X3 with its high-res flac, if you ask me. Man, they packed this little jewel with much goodness. Funky UI, but for $20 I have absolutely no complaints. Just my two cents today while listening to this mighty marvel at work. Now to try it with my new Thinksound On2!! Oh yeah.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back