Benelux Meeting Impressions, Feb 4th.
Feb 11, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #121 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoide /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You think he would ever criticize his beloved Ultrasones?
evil_smiley.gif

I am really gonna try finding that "echo" but never noticed it before altough the 2500's does sound better than the 750's because of their more opened-being. They sound more spacier (already mentioned that before, i know
biggrin.gif
)

Feb 11, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #122 of 198
The headphones you are hearing are so precise that they are relating very detail information concerning the venue of the recording. The sound is un-masked in ways that other headphones don't even attempt to achieve. Most are designed to provide another sound altogether, usually some type of house sound.

The house sound of the Ultrasone will become known as the recording venue where the recording was made. Just a hunch...

This is probably what I am finding out about the different recordings after listening to them. Some sound much better with my W5000s, while others are recorded with the 2500s in mind. Well, it almost sounds like it. Production quality make a lot of difference with these phones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, they leak, but they are still covering atleast part of the driver with solid material. It's not an obvious echo, at all. It's just one of those things that once you catch it, you'll keep noticing it, same as the slight sibilance on my K-1000 setup. You can go months or years without hearing it, then once it catches your attention you can't let go of it. The echo I'm trying to describe is very short and quick after the initial tone, not a "wishing well" or mountain echo by any means.

Feb 11, 2007 at 8:03 AM Post #123 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am really gonna try finding that "echo" but never noticed it before altough the 2500's does sound better than the 750's because of their more opened-being. They sound more spacier (already mentioned that before, i know
biggrin.gif
)

Contrastique - Don't you remember him saying,

"You can go months or years without hearing it, then once it catches your attention YOU CAN'T LET GO OF IT!!!" ??? (emphasis mine...)

Please! Take that as a dire warning!!! If you even start to notice it, place cotton behind your ears like I do!
(figuring the echo is from back there somewhere... perhaps.)

blink.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
blink.gif

Terry
750prolinebx3.png

Feb 11, 2007 at 9:24 AM Post #125 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, the voices inside my head have told me not to obsess too much about this, and that they'll take care of it for me!
blink.gif

Did all the voices say that?

Feb 11, 2007 at 11:35 AM Post #127 of 198
There is nothing wrong when a committee comes together in a consensus agreement about something.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Surprisingly enough, for once, they seem to be in agreement!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 11, 2007 at 1:59 PM Post #128 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbritton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Contrastique - Don't you remember him saying,

"You can go months or years without hearing it, then once it catches your attention YOU CAN'T LET GO OF IT!!!" ??? (emphasis mine...)
Terry
750prolinebx3.png

[/CENTER]

I think you are right about that one. I won't go and challenge faith or anything. But ones somebody has told you about hearing noise you will automatically go and see if yuio can notice it also. Besides that I don't think I will find any I suppose
580smile.gif

Feb 11, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #129 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The headphones you are hearing are so precise that they are relating very detail information concerning the venue of the recording. The sound is un-masked in ways that other headphones don't even attempt to achieve. Most are designed to provide another sound altogether, usually some type of house sound.

The house sound of the Ultrasone will become known as the recording venue where the recording was made. Just a hunch...

This is probably what I am finding out about the different recordings after listening to them. Some sound much better with my W5000s, while others are recorded with the 2500s in mind. Well, it almost sounds like it. Production quality make a lot of difference with these phones.

I can't believe that a 2500 would be a better/truer headphone than a K-1000, HE60, or Omega II. They are great, but in my opinion still a step below the true high end. Sure, the HE60 and Omega II are slightly colored headphones, but they still reveal more details in recordings than the Ultrasones. Either way, I'm going to try forgetting about it, for now.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

I think you are right about that one. I won't go and challenge faith or anything. But ones somebody has told you about hearing noise you will automatically go and see if yuio can notice it also. Besides that I don't think I will find any I suppose
580smile.gif

Indra, you're cursed! Stay away from hearing faults in your system, or your poor boyfriend will be taking another trip to Brussel for the next upgrade.
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #130 of 198
Quote:

Indra, you're cursed! Stay away from hearing faults in your system, or your poor boyfriend will be taking another trip to Brussel for the next upgrade.
biggrin.gif

Erm, he's already looking into DIY amps, so if there's anyone who'd be cursed it would be Bart.
icon10.gif

Feb 11, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #132 of 198
I think my post was read incorrectly if you think I was saying they were in absolute terms better than other high end phones I was not. Note my reference to my W5000s.

Quote:

I can't believe that a 2500 would be a better/truer headphone than a K-1000, HE60, or Omega II. They are great, but in my opinion still a step below the true high end. Sure, the HE60 and Omega II are slightly colored headphones, but they still reveal more details in recordings than the Ultrasones. Either way, I'm going to try forgetting about it, for now.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #133 of 198
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Awesome thought hey!! Will relax, I am very pleased with the soundqual at the moment
biggrin.gif
. I am just gonna wait till my bf is gonna make an amp himself and then we will see what's coming next...
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 11, 2007 at 5:58 PM Post #134 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think my post was read incorrectly if you think I was saying they were in absolute terms better than other high end phones I was not. Note my reference to my W5000s.

No, I understand that you didn't mean that. My post is just off, what you said is true.

Quote:

Awesome thought hey!! Will relax, I am very pleased with the soundqual at the moment
biggrin.gif
. I am just gonna wait till my bf is gonna make an amp himself and then we will see what's coming next...
evil_smiley.gif

Haha, "at the moment", "we will see what's coming next", right after buying the first proper headphones. As much as Bart might hate me for it, I think I love you.
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 11, 2007 at 6:03 PM Post #135 of 198
Quote:

I can't believe that a 2500 would be a better/truer headphone than a K-1000, HE60, or Omega II. They are great, but in my opinion still a step below the true high end. Sure, the HE60 and Omega II are slightly colored headphones, but they still reveal more details in recordings than the Ultrasones.

Of course, I can and I do!
very_evil_smiley.gif

But if not better or truer, for me the 2500 is in that same company. It is certainly more versatile on a wider variety of music than any of them. I managed to spend time with each of those other three and, while they each had their charm, none were any kind of revelation over the PROlines.

Of course since they are all substantially more expensive, I can understand that it might be difficult to recognize the Ultrasones as belonging in their league. Nonetheless, I'm happy to be slummin' it!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back