Benefits of Triple Flange Sleeves vs. Foam sleeves...
Sep 21, 2011 at 12:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Syan25

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm a new owner of SHURE SE535 in ear monitors...

Please advise what are the benefits of various sleeves. To me - right off - the triple flange sleeves felt most comfortable - but what about sound isolation and most importantly - sound quality??

Any advice??

Oct 15, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #2 of 5

Quote:
I'm a new owner of SHURE SE535 in ear monitors...

Please advise what are the benefits of various sleeves. To me - right off - the triple flange sleeves felt most comfortable - but what about sound isolation and most importantly - sound quality??

Any advice??

I suggest you try all of them, testing each for about half an hour and listening to the same songs. I personally find that the black foams are the most comfortable, and the best seal. I tried the tri flang too, but they hurt if I pressed them in by mistake. (might mod them though).

Oct 16, 2011 at 6:57 AM Post #3 of 5
Cool - I have been using the black foams and they certainly cancel out most of the noise around me - allowing me to play music at safe volumes and to hear bass sufficiently...boy - they're good!

Oct 16, 2011 at 10:18 AM Post #4 of 5
mostly it depends on your ear, some find the foams comfortable others are prefer the rubber tips, because it is more closer in the ear canal and the sound travels less which results in more details, but it depends on how your ears will adapt in each of those seals, try them all out and check which suites you well in which you can hear all of the details of the music your listening..

Oct 16, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #5 of 5
Cheers I will do. And you are right - the detail is quite something - never dreamed portable could be so good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back