Benchmark DAC2 for Audeze LCD3/Grado PS1000/Hifiman HE-6...?
Aug 13, 2013 at 1:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Krolik

New Head-Fier
 Hello everyone!
to your opinion will my pro amplifier in the Benchmark DAC2 drive all those phones to perfection? at least good quality?

Regards

Aug 13, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #3 of 8
Benchmark strong point always been their Dac implementation, the headphone amp is not at the same level in my opinion. It will be able to power the other headphones, but with cans such as Hifiman HE-500 and up i doubt it. 

Aug 13, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #4 of 8
With the attenuator off the DAC1 claims +27dB of gain which will be more than enough to drive the LCD-3 and PS1000.  I cannot find the specs for the DAC2, but I imagine it will be on par with the DAC1 output levels.  You will be running at 90% volume, but it should get the job done.

Aug 13, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #5 of 8
at +18 dBu, 250 mA you should get to 110 dB SPL with HE6 - quite adequate peak SPL for almost any listening,  if not the 120 dB peak you may want to see in a "ultimate" system

the Benchmark headphone out should push the other 2 to 120 dB SPL if thats your magic number

[size=medium][size=medium][size=medium]Quote:[/size][/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium][size=medium][size=medium][size=medium][size=medium]HPA2[/size][/size][/size][size=xx-small][size=xx-small][size=xx-small]TM [/size][/size][/size][size=medium][size=medium][size=medium]Headphone Outputs[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium][size=medium][size=x-small][size=x-small]Number of Headphone Outputs 2[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium][size=medium][size=x-small][size=x-small]Output Connectors ¼” TRS with switch on left-hand jack[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium][size=medium][size=x-small][size=x-small]Output Impedance < 0.11 Ohms[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium][size=medium][size=x-small][size=x-small]Output Level Control Stereo Control on Front Panel[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium][size=medium][size=x-small][size=x-small]Output Level Range (at 0 dBFS) into 60-Ohm Load Off to +17 dBu[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium][size=medium][size=x-small][size=x-small]Maximum Output Current 250 mA[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium][size=medium][size=x-small][size=x-small]Overload Protection (independent per channel) Current limited at 300 mA, Thermal[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium][size=medium][size=x-small][size=x-small]Bandwidth > 500 kHz[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium][size=medium][size=x-small][size=x-small]THD+N -106 dB, 0.0005% into 30 Ohms at [/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium][size=medium][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]+18 dBu (1.26W)[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Jan 15, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #7 of 8
  at +18 dBu, 250 mA you should get to 110 dB SPL with HE6 - quite adequate peak SPL for almost any listening,  if not the 120 dB peak you may want to see in a "ultimate" system

the Benchmark headphone out should push the other 2 to 120 dB SPL if thats your magic number

sorry to dig this up, would the new benchmark dac2 be able drive the he-500 properly? loud is one thing, would the he-500 be able to shine? thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back