Benchmark DAC1 now available with USB
Apr 8, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #2,431 of 3,058
you can't do it to us!
We want more information!!!

smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 8, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #2,432 of 3,058
Quote:

Originally Posted by EliasGwinn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OOPS! I forgot one of the major differences between the DAC1 and DAC1 USB.

The output drivers were upgraded using superior op-amps from National Semiconductor (LM4562's). The new output drivers are capable of delivering higher amounts of current, acheive lower output impedances, and are less susceptible to distortion from high load capacitance and/or low load impedances.

Thanks!
Elias

Assuming that what is being driven is relatively "easy", would the sonic qualities between the different opamps be the same or is there still likely to be at least some minimal difference?

Apr 8, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #2,433 of 3,058
Quote:

Hey Head-Fi Friends!

There is a REMOTE possibility that Benchmark has a new product on the way.

Lookie

shhh....!! This is the first public word of this!!

elias, please provide any additional info on this when you are permitted to do so

i would take a wild stab in the dark that this unit would feature a infra red device that allowed wireless control of this device
wink.gif

i am curious as to what HDR would stand for...

Apr 8, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #2,434 of 3,058
My guesses on the HDR:

- there's a remote control (could this be the R in HDR?)

- Firewire (or USB 2.0) support for 24/192 data rates?!? (could this be the HD in HDR?)

- asynchronous USB input support? (I guess this depends more on CEntrance supporting it?)

Apr 8, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #2,436 of 3,058
Nice -- if this is correct, the HDR is exactly what I've been waiting for. With inputs and volume controllable remotely, this will work as an excellent "digital pre-amp."

My Transporter can do some of this, but switching inputs is a hassle.

Any idea about the release date?

Apr 9, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #2,437 of 3,058
Elias, we need some info on this! Several people I know are considering jumping ship for the new Ayre DAC (with asynchronous USB support), which is being released within the next week or so...

Apr 9, 2009 at 10:19 AM Post #2,439 of 3,058
Quote:

Hey Head-Fi Friends!

There is a REMOTE possibility that Benchmark has a new product on the way.

Lookie

shhh....!! This is the first public word of this!!

Ooooo, a DAC1 with remote control!? If the product is released soon, then I hope that those of us who recently purchased a DAC1-PRE will be offered the option to trade-up.

Apr 9, 2009 at 10:24 AM Post #2,440 of 3,058
Quote:

Originally Posted by lamikeith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ooooo, a DAC1 with remote control!? If the product is released soon, then I hope that those of us who recently purchased a DAC1-PRE will be offered the option to trade-up.

now theres an optimist at work
smily_headphones1.gif

but yes, i agree, yes please. ahh but bah & meh. i got mine from a retailer, they wouldnt entertain it, maybe those who bought directly from benchmark...

Apr 9, 2009 at 10:30 AM Post #2,441 of 3,058
I have bought direct from Benchmark, will there be a trade-in ???
I wish so!!!

It will be cool to have a remote and maybe even USB 2.0 with 24/192 input, and other nice improvements, like a better USB, better headphones amp, better opamps, DAC chip and so on
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 9, 2009 at 11:19 AM Post #2,443 of 3,058
I am hoping for High Data Rate
High Definition Remote

:)

And like I have said, much more updates and upgrades.

I want something to TOP even high end DAC's like ones that cost even 5000$, I mean, why not?
The DAC1 PRE I have is a really good unit, and I hope they will make it even better
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back