Bellari HA540 is not good at all..
Jan 11, 2013 at 9:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ematthews

100+ Head-Fier
After a few weeks with this amp I am not happy at all. I am going through headphones right now trying to find the ones for me.
I was running some Beyer T90's tonight that I just got and thought that these cans were really bright but very detailed. I plugged in my Senn HD650 and the harsh highs went away... Well after all this I went to my bedroom and tried both phones in this set up.
Marantz PM8004 
Marantz CD6004

Wow the Marantz integrated amp sounds wonderful with both headphones.. I hadn't tried it before since most of what I read said these headphones benefit from amps.. Well the Bellari sounds like crap compared to the Marantz gear.
 I know I can change tubes. Any suggestions before I send this paperweight of an amp back.
Change of tubes to??????
Buy a new Amp but what???
Maybe I like Solid State amp better. I have no idea..
Help.

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
After a few weeks with this amp I am not happy at all. I am going through headphones right now trying to find the ones for me.
I was running some Beyer T90's tonight that I just got and thought that these cans were really bright but very detailed. I plugged in my Senn HD650 and the harsh highs went away... Well after all this I went to my bedroom and tried both phones in this set up.
Marantz PM8004 
Marantz CD6004

Wow the Marantz integrated amp sounds wonderful with both headphones.. I hadn't tried it before since most of what I read said these headphones benefit from amps.. Well the Bellari sounds like crap compared to the Marantz gear.
 I know I can change tubes. Any suggestions before I send this paperweight of an amp back.
Change of tubes to??????
Buy a new Amp but what???
Maybe I like Solid State amp better. I have no idea..
Help.

I've been searching for this thread looking for info myself on this amp, to see if it would match well with my Grado 325is's, but there is not many reviews on this particular subject. I currently use my vintage Adcom GTP400 to run my headphone's and I love the way they sound, so I was curious to know if I would benefit (I have also already been told probably not) but I'm still curious. I'm sorry to hear your experience. Can you describe the sound of the HA540, and what you didn't like about it? I do understand we have different headphone's.

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #3 of 4
 I think it sounds a little flat and thin. With that said it's also a little bright on my Beyer T90's.. It's not bad on my Senn HD650's but I get a much fuller sound on my Marantz gear. I have read that Marantz products do have good phone ports however...
Would love to just change the tube to get a better fuller more WARM sound that Tubes are supposed to produce.
This is however my first listen to Tubes.

Jan 12, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #4 of 4
I was also wondering about the Bellari because I believe it is a hybrid, not a true tube, but I do not have much knowledge about any headphone amp's, only what I have read. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back