Behringer SRC2496 Converter
Jan 1, 2007 at 3:54 AM Post #31 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo6Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right, but the DEQ has converters in it and I've already taken care of that with the SRC. No need to pay for that function again...I suppose what I am REALLY asking here is how absurd it is to add an a EQ unit to a system dedicated exclusivley as a headphone rig?

THANKS!

digital EQ is usually much better than analog EQ because the DEQ does all the EQ using DSP's

EQing in the analog domain causes phasing issues and such... its really more bad than good... which why the DEQ is such a great EQ, it dosent suffer from those issues becuase its all done digitally anyway

Jan 1, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #33 of 34
How would you guys compare it to something like the Musiland MD10 as a DAC? That uses the Cirrus CS4398 balanced D to A converter (up to 192kHz).

Jan 11, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #34 of 34
Xenithon. My MD10 is burning in now and seems to have some potential. Don't sell the SRC dac short. Other than a few quibbles with the output stage I think it's a fine implementation, especially for the price.

Not sure how it stacks up against the more expensive DACs as my listening with Lavry's etc has been limited and with different equipment so no usable comparisons have been possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back