Beer Reccomendations Please?
Mar 22, 2006 at 9:39 PM Post #61 of 101
If, like me you are in Upstate NY...it's all about SARANAC BEER!!!!
The Pale Ale is my favorite, I actually like it more than Sierra Nevada's, plus they have the 32 oz (quart) Growler jugs out now, so drink up friends!

SaranacPA

Mar 23, 2006 at 5:00 AM Post #63 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtkversion
Stick with the Fat Tire ...
icon10.gif

Samuel Adams Boston Lager is tasty

When I was in Reno I tried some stuff called Moose Drool .. it was a brown ale and pretty good.

I pretty much go with Fat Tire most of the time though if I drink beer at all.

thanks! i tried Sam Adams Boston Lager and was impressed.

Mar 23, 2006 at 5:59 AM Post #64 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by SennFan
If, like me you are in Upstate NY...it's all about SARANAC BEER!!!!
The Pale Ale is my favorite, I actually like it more than Sierra Nevada's, plus they have the 32 oz (quart) Growler jugs out now, so drink up friends!

SaranacPA

The Saranac doesn't do it for me. But I grew up in W.N.Y. Is there still Genesee Cream Ale? I remember it fondly! Aside from the Genny, I recall the Canadians as being the best local brews.....

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:03 AM Post #65 of 101
Good old English Bass Ale is the only brand of beer that doesn't give me a headache.

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:28 AM Post #66 of 101
Quote:

The Saranac doesn't do it for me. But I grew up in W.N.Y. Is there still Genesee Cream Ale? I remember it fondly! Aside from the Genny, I recall the Canadians as being the best local brews.....

I haven't seen any Genesee Cream Ale, but then again I haven't been looking for it. Next time I'm out I'll give it a looksie. Yeah, the Canadian brews are popular around here--I would say Labatt's brews are the most popular among the more mass-market Canada brews. I keep meaning to take a tour of the Saranac factory--did you ever go there for the tour?

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:33 AM Post #67 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
is not possible so few people like becks .

i like becks, but i still prefer Stella Artois. and when in australia, i like Carlton draught or Carlton Cold don't know if u can buy it in NA

Mar 23, 2006 at 10:22 AM Post #68 of 101
No one here familiar with the great Pacific Northwest?

I'm back in LA, but I spent quite a few years in Oregon. My personal favorites (in no particular order):

Obsidian Stout, Deschutes Brewery
Black Butte Porter, Deschutes Brewery
Full Sail Amber
Terminator Stout, McMenamins
Bridgeport IPA
Dead Guy Ale, Rogue Brewery
Anything on tap at Tugboat Brewery and the Lucky Lab in Portland.

If you look around, Deschutes, Full Sail, Rogue, and Bridgeport distribute around the US. Try one of these if you get a chance. It's slightly offtopic, but the wines up North (especially the Pinot Noir and Gerwurstraminer) are excellent, too.

Mar 25, 2006 at 8:22 PM Post #71 of 101
I have seen all the recomendations thus far....one site I would recomend checking out is Beerpal It's like the Head-Fi for beer lovers LOL

For a Porter I tried something from Russia "Baltika Brewery" brewed in St Peteresburg Russia. I found this in a health food supermarket of all places ROFLMAO, I can drink beer and usally feel no effect but this stuff kicked my ass LOL
russianbrew8qj.jpg

I can't beleive no one has mentioned Sierra Nevana Brewing Co
icon10.gif
They were like one of the first craft brewers...I have only tried there pale ale and it is really good.

Further Recomendations in no particular order:
- Avery IPA
- Chimay Blue Abbey (Made by trapis monks in Belguim
icon10.gif
)
- Negra Modelo
- Tubo Dog
- Harp
- Bass Ale
- Anochor Steam

Mar 25, 2006 at 8:37 PM Post #72 of 101
Sierra Nevada is my favorite American brew. The Porter and Pale Ale are good.

But the best bottled beer I've ever had is Samuel Smith - their Imperial Stout, Nut Brown Ale...everything is awesome.

Close second - Unibroue brews like Le Fin du Monde and Trois Pistoles, and Celebrator Doppelbock.

Mar 25, 2006 at 8:42 PM Post #73 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
But the best bottled beer I've ever had is Samuel Smith - their Imperial Stout, Nut Brown Ale...everything is awesome.

AMEN
smily_headphones1.gif

One that I've been enjoying here lately is Mash House's Belgian Trippel. 9.5% and oh so good! Only available here in Fayetteville
smily_headphones1.gif

Also be sure to check out beeradvocate.com.

Mar 25, 2006 at 9:22 PM Post #75 of 101

Users who are viewing this thread

Back