Beautiful War Photos
Aug 9, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #2 of 24
I went through the first three segments yesterday, really enjoyed them and loved looking at pictures that aren't really famous.

I'm amazed that more of a fuss isn't made over what the Japanese did during this and the earlier wars with China they were engaged in, as well as other asian nations... something along the lines of 30 million died at their hands, a lot of those deaths were unneccesary and considered war crimes.

I'm sure the Chinese haven't forgotten.

Aug 9, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #3 of 24

Quote:
I went through the first three segments yesterday, really enjoyed them and loved looking at pictures that aren't really famous.

I'm amazed that more of a fuss isn't made over what the Japanese did during this and the earlier wars with China they were engaged in, as well as other asian nations... something along the lines of 30 million died at their hands, a lot of those deaths were unneccesary and considered war crimes.

I'm sure the Chinese haven't forgotten.

Thats not good enough
biggrin.gif
The segment, that made me post what i did, was the american photo's from the 1940's in color. Those are AMAZING!

Aug 9, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #4 of 24
Thank you for those photos

The building in the background is not anymore there, but I believe that the building on the right is. Ordynacka street looks very different now :)

Aug 20, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #9 of 24
OK subscribed. I love history specifically WW2 so this is right up my ally.

Aug 20, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #11 of 24

Quote:
Them American photo's in color are stunning

They are pretty amazing but I was looking through the Battle of Britain pictures and those are stunning even for black and white.

Aug 22, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #13 of 24
I've been looking at them for a while, but I'll post a reply to get some more life into the thread. They really are fascinating, and I haven't seen most of them before.

Aug 22, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #14 of 24

Quote:
I've been looking at them for a while, but I'll post a reply to get some more life into the thread. They really are fascinating, and I haven't seen most of them before.

Their from the Library of Congress flickr page, but they look better on that website, and i look forward to the other categories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back