Beautiful War Photos
Aug 23, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #18 of 24
It's not something I would enjoy looking at, that's what I meant.

The guys who took the photos probably never intended for people to admire the photos at a museum, or in an exhibition as works of art. For many, those were the last photos taken of them before they departed for war/camps. To dissect them and examine them and admire how the angle, exposure, etc was perfect, is disrespectful, imo. 

Aug 23, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #19 of 24

Quote:
It's not something I would enjoy looking at, that's what I meant.

The guys who took the photos probably never intended for people to admire the photos at a museum, or in an exhibition as works of art. For many, those were the last photos taken of them before they departed for war/camps. To dissect them and examine them and admire how the angle, exposure, etc was perfect, is disrespectful, imo. 

I understand where you are coming from. As for me, i really enjoy the quality of American pieces before 1980. As you can see, people were riviting thing's that are now extinct in modern life nowadays. I definitely dont take a pleasure to the Soviet Union or any of the fallen soldiers, but i suppose this is a side of the war that is unseen my many school children nowadays.

Oct 22, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #21 of 24
 These are amazing. And some are surprisingly moving :)

Oct 23, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:
Thanks, now I'm gonna go kill myself after watching the Holocaust part.

Seriously made me tear up... What a bunch of bigots.

I saw that part, what a disgrace, and they still have the balls to deny it ever happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back