Beats Studio3
Oct 9, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #320 of 904
FYI: Some stores are beginning to receive stock. I just reserved a matte black for pickup at Target just in case I do decide later today I want to try it, otherwise I'll cancel if they ship my other order. (They only had one left and only that color.) Can't fight the itch :frowning2:.

Oct 9, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #323 of 904
I tried going to Apple store today (in NYC). Guy by Audio said that they have limited stock so for that store, it didnt make sense to display any when all the ones they had were being bought. I would probably call the store and ask if they have a display unit.

On the other hand, you can check availability online and reserve them for your pick up if you know you want to buy them. Just go on website, press buy, and then press pick up at store/availability. Something like that I dont remember the exact process but the guy explained it to me as well.

On another note was pleasantly surprised to see they had audeze sine/el-8 and a couple others set up so got to check those out

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #324 of 904
Another Studio3 report from me, now that I've had them for almost a week.

(1) ANC: My house's ducts are being cleaned as we speak. I've been able to A/B test the Studio3 vs. the Sony 1000x yet again. No question: Sony's are probably another 20-30% better at cancelling out noise. On top of that, I've noticed that the Sony's cancel noise even when nothing is playing. With the Studio3, it doesn't feel like ANC is engaged when I'm not listening to music (and that includes being on a phone call for some reason). All that said, I suspect Sony and Bose will generally be better for flights if you want quiet. But I very much like the "everyday" implementation of ANC on the Studio3, tied to the power of the W1 chip for at-home, at-work listening. I can focus on the music and still get some ANC benefit, even if it's not church-like.

(2) COMFORT/OUTDOORS: I also went for a quick run today wearing the Studio3. I'm super sensitive about microphonics and hearing my footfall when running. Neither were an issue with the Studio3, nor was wind for the most part. I definitely heard cars driving by, but I didn't mind having that situational awareness and it didn't detract from the music (R.E.M.). They were comfortable and I wasn't feeling goofy about wearing full-size headphones outside.

(3) CALL QUALITY: The Sony's are terrible for phone calls, and I haven't had too much luck with either the Solo 3 or the BeatsX when it comes to the occasional "can you please repeat that?" I just finished talking to my parents via FaceTime and everything went through without an issue. This is really important to me.

(4) OVERALL: I'm still testing these out and am avidly reading the Bowers and Wilkins PX thread here too. All of my wireless headphones have one challenge or another (call quality, ANC, microphonics, comfort, audio quality). That's not the case with the Studio3 and what I like most about them is that I actually forget after a while that I'm wearing them. Combine that with Apple TV, iPad, Mac, iPhone easy W1 interchangeability and I'm not sure I'm going to even audition the Bowers PX.

I hope this is helpful for those of you still deciding. I got my matte black Studio3's from Apple.com in the USA.

Oct 9, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #325 of 904
Will be picking up a pair today. Get ready for some exaggerated first impressions :wink:. (I usually get a little over-excited when I break in a new pair of headphones.)

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #327 of 904
I hear you - takes a while for reality to set in.

Especially when I’ve been hyping these headphones since July when I started the thread before Beats even confirmed Studio3 :wink:. I would’ve waited till I was ready to buy Shadow Gray in November but I really wanted to try them now before they’re technically released.

I knew if I saw Studio3 available locally I’d have no self-control.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #329 of 904
Went over to my local Apple store at lunch and they had the Matte Black Studio 3 in stock so I had to pick them up! I'll listen to them a bit this afternoon and post my thoughts later.

The hype train is growing :). Can’t wait to see what everyone here thinks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back