Beats Studio3
Oct 7, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #301 of 904
I’ve had the Studio 3’s for a few days. I’m really liking the sound and comfort improvements over the Solo 3’s. The solo 3’s hurt my ears after 30 mins and these are much more comfortable for long listening times.

My only gripe is they default to ANC mode everytime you turn them on, regardless if you had ANC off during your last listening session. I wish iOS would remember your last selection in the BT settings.

I’m also tempted by the B&W PX but not sure I can give up the W1 chip. The audio quality would have to be substantially better.

Oct 7, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #302 of 904
What did you not like about the review, out of curiosity?

It seems poorly-informed.

“While they're a solid product, it's debatable as to whether they're worth a premium over other Beats models.”

For $50 more than Solo3 you’re getting ANC and an over-ear design. It’s not really a “premium.” Then they compare the sound to a $549 headphone rather than the QC35 or the 1000x.

The whole review sounded like they wanted to disregard the Studio3 from the beginning without really giving them a chance.

Oct 7, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #303 of 904

“While they're a solid product, it's debatable as to whether they're worth a premium over other Beats models.”

For $50 more than Solo3 you’re getting ANC and an over-ear design. It’s not really a “premium.” Then they compare the sound to a $549 headphone rather than the QC35 or the 1000x.

The whole review sounded like they wanted to disregard the Studio3 from the beginning without really giving them a chance.

That's how I felt reading that review. Beats hate runs long and hard

Oct 7, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #304 of 904
I’ve had the Studio 3’s for a few days. I’m really liking the sound and comfort improvements over the Solo 3’s. The solo 3’s hurt my ears after 30 mins and these are much more comfortable for long listening times.

My only gripe is they default to ANC mode everytime you turn them on, regardless if you had ANC off during your last listening session. I wish iOS would remember your last selection in the BT settings.

I’m also tempted by the B&W PX but not sure I can give up the W1 chip. The audio quality would have to be substantially better.
Is there a noticeable difference between aac and regular 320 kps mp3 sound quality?

Oct 7, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #307 of 904

The odd thing is that site usually sings the praises of everything Apple. Speaking of the Solo3, Costco has them for $199 now.

Oct 7, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #308 of 904
The odd thing is that site usually sings the praises of everything Apple. Speaking of the Solo3, Costco has them for $199 now.

You could find Solo3 for $199 since Black Friday. I expect we’ll see similar discounts on Studio3.

Oct 8, 2017 at 1:12 AM Post #311 of 904
I have about 15 hrs listening to these headphones now. These headphones are great! This is definitely the wireless headphone package, with all the features I've been looking for. Easy to connect, amazing battery life, light and comfertable to wear and sound quality you would expect from $300+ headphones. Sound quality is so much better than Solo 3's. I haven't had the chance to test the ANC in noisy environments yet. I would only turn ANC on for flights and interested to see how they perform.

Oct 8, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #313 of 904
I hope so as well. Have another coast to coast trip coming up the week after next and I would really like something by then (trying to decide between these, the QC 35 II and the 1000xm2).

Apple Stores have/had all colors in stock (not reflected on the site) & some colors are shipping immediately if ordered from Apple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back