Beats Studio3
Oct 6, 2017 at 6:00 AM Post #286 of 904
Enlightening interview with the COO of Beats:

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news...s-luke-wood-cool-was-always-irrelevant-to-us/

Studio3 features higher-quality cushions to fit more closely to the wearer’s ear, a reseated speaker, amplifier, digital-to-audio (DAC) converter and all new W1 chip: making it “completely divorced” from 2013’s Studio2 model. “It’s a much better sounding headphone. The Studio3 is the best headphone we’ve ever made.”

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #288 of 904
I have the SAME issue right now. I'm leaning towards gray but i have a $230 credit on amazon and they're not on there which is annoying

Shadow Gray was originally an “Only at Apple” color but Best Buy has it as well so who knows, maybe it’ll trickle over to Amazon and other retailers.

Oct 6, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #289 of 904
I have the SAME issue right now. I'm leaning towards gray but i have a $230 credit on amazon and they're not on there which is annoying
Im hoping for grey. Whats your 2nd option?Im not a fan of red, but this shade is pretty nice, so is the blue. I like the white but worried about discoloration of the band. I wonder what day amazon will start selling them

Oct 6, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #290 of 904
Im hoping for grey. Whats your 2nd option?Im not a fan of red, but this shade is pretty nice, so is the blue. I like the white but worried about discoloration of the band. I wonder what day amazon will start selling them

It's a tough choice. From internet pictures I'm leaning blue (maybe black but since it is sleek, but there are some cool colors).
I'm definitely planning on going to Apple store and seeing all the colors in person tho.
If i'm feeling ballsy maybe the "porcelain rose" one since I think the rosy gold accent color is way cooler than the gold accent on the white one. And hey its 2017 guys should be able to rock pink lmao.

The red one is dope too tho, not sure why but I swear I get strong images of basketball players when I look at the red one haha. I imagine we'll be staying some red in the NBA.

Gray def got me the most interested rn tho.
I was also wondering when they'd be available at amazon. I doubt anyone at Amazon would be able to answer that question but maybe if I message Beats customer service ... :thinking::thinking:

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #292 of 904
Weekly “Solo3 is great post.” Still a really nice headphone, very dependent on fit for sounding good but they sound better than the $800 Harman/Kardon system in my BMW. If Studio3 do sound better and are more comfortable that means they will likely be incredible, at least for my use.

I started listening to lossless files on Audio Technica headphones over ten years ago, and now I’m finally happily listening to excellent wireless headphones with no compromises. It’s incredible what Apple/Beats has done.

Might cancel my order for the white pair and just wait it out till November, we’ll see as I have no self-control lol. Offers and extended holiday return policy will be in effect (only concerned in case there are issues with my first pair or better deals at Black Friday) otherwise I would’ve pre-ordered from Apple and had my Shadow Gray pair already.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #296 of 904
I’m prepared for Studio3 to not be as great as expected, especially seeing as Studio 2.0 didn’t receive the same type of acclaim as Solo2. But a lot of reviews rely on Beats bias, and I even fell for this whole reviewing the Solo3 as I felt I had to complain about the sound to be taken seriously.

Sound is subjective and the only objective reviewers are InnerFidelity and RTings so those will be the end-all opinions to me. I think there is a chance the Studio3 could score above all the other wireless headphones RTings has tested but I haven’t heard them yet so I won’t get too excited. But audiophiles will still complain even if they’re scientifically measured to be excellent headphones.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #298 of 904
I’m prepared for Studio3 to not be as great as expected, especially seeing as Studio 2.0 didn’t receive the same type of acclaim as Solo2. But a lot of reviews rely on Beats bias, and I even fell for this whole reviewing the Solo3 as I felt I had to complain about the sound to be taken seriously.

Sound is subjective and the only objective reviewers are InnerFidelity and RTings so those will be the end-all opinions to me. I think there is a chance the Studio3 could score above all the other wireless headphones RTings has tested but I haven’t heard them yet so I won’t get too excited. But audiophiles will still complain even if they’re scientifically measured to be excellent headphones.

IMO, I take everything that RTings reviews with a grain of salt. They do attempt to test things scientifically but when researching 4K TVs a year ago I saw several ratings (both high and low) that I and a lot of other people did not agree with. Something like sound is probably even more subjective. Bottom line people need to listen themselves to determine whether or not the sound, fit and features appeal to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back