Beats Studio3
Oct 5, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #271 of 904
I speculate within the next two years they’ll release a new $499+ Beats Pro with true best-in-class audiophile quality, though my wallet hopes not.

I also speculate next time we get a Studio upgrade in 2020-2021 Apple will include a lossless wireless format. (I assume they don’t offer AirPlay on their headphones as Bluetooth has lower latency.)

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #272 of 904
PX looks nice but it also looks like it's not packing best in class ANC. They aren't highlighting microphones inside the ear cups, which I believe are crucial for that last mile of correction.

If that's true, the PX appears positioned to challenge the Sennheiser for mixed SQ and having ANC which isn't disruptive to strong SQ. LOVE seeing all the competition. I think I'm still primarily interested in the beats at this point in time.

Oct 5, 2017 at 7:05 AM Post #273 of 904
PX looks nice but it also looks like it's not packing best in class ANC. They aren't highlighting microphones inside the ear cups, which I believe are crucial for that last mile of correction.

If that's true, the PX appears positioned to challenge the Sennheiser for mixed SQ and having ANC which isn't disruptive to strong SQ. LOVE seeing all the competition. I think I'm still primarily interested in the beats at this point in time.

ANC - definitely agree with you. On the contrary to MichaelSD, I believe the non-tech companies should try in this field as this will increase the competition in the market. The more the merrier, results will defend themself.

I am also looking forward to Beats arriving in the shops - I just hope that they will not turn out to be in the middle of everything, especially ANC and SQ. By middle I do not mean balanced. Pretty excited to see the competition between current champions of this ring.

Oct 5, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #274 of 904
I was waiting till November to order but slipped and have an in-stock white Studio3 preparing for delivery... There's a chance I'll keep this color but am probably going to exchange for Shadow Gray. I have zero patience :frowning2:.

Admittedly feel a little bad for buying a color I don't want that will most likely get returned but on the other hand I can post impressions and A/B to the Momentum and Solo3 a month sooner. For all the free marketing I give Beats on audiophile sites that seems like a fair trade-off...

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2017 at 7:31 AM Post #275 of 904
ANC - definitely agree with you. On the contrary to MichaelSD, I believe the non-tech companies should try in this field as this will increase the competition in the market. The more the merrier, results will defend themself.

I am also looking forward to Beats arriving in the shops - I just hope that they will not turn out to be in the middle of everything, especially ANC and SQ. By middle I do not mean balanced. Pretty excited to see the competition between current champions of this ring.

If audio brands nail the ANC and high-tech features, great. But I'd rather see them not release glitchy products with questionable NC and focus on audio quality instead. If the sound and functionality will be negatively affected by half-baked tech it's not worth the r&d.

Oct 5, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #276 of 904
I hope to see some user comments soon around Beats - how far do they fall from the reviews. Currently most of them are rather positive (or average), although few very positive. From the competition side, it seems that PXs were delivered to some users of the forum already and quoting his thoughts from different thread:

“First impressions:
- Sound to me is much better than all the other ANCs out there.
- The ANC to me is worse than Bose's and Sony's. No experience with the Sennheiser.
- Build quality is great, nothing to complain,probably the best of the bunch.”

Can’t wait to compare with the new Beats and see which ones will be better in general.

Oct 5, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #278 of 904
I was waiting till November to order but slipped and have an in-stock white Studio3 preparing for delivery... There's a chance I'll keep this color but am probably going to exchange for Shadow Gray. I have zero patience :frowning2:.

Admittedly feel a little bad for buying a color I don't want that will most likely get returned but on the other hand I can post impressions and A/B to the Momentum and Solo3 a month sooner. For all the free marketing I give Beats on audiophile sites that seems like a fair trade-off...
I love the shadow gray scheme. Im torn between them or maybe blue or red. I like gray best, but worried about discoloring on band as i will be in gym with these

Oct 5, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #280 of 904
I like them alot...I don't really know how to write a real review, so here are my impressions.

They sound warm and at the same time bright and crisp, with a sound stage that feels more balanced then I expected. The Bass is there but more reserved, but it is still there. I have compared them to previous Beats, they beats them in terms of soundstage and comfort. I really like my Solo 3s and these easily beat them. The Solos in comparison sound a bit harsh on the high end.

I really like them.

Oct 5, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #281 of 904
I like them alot...I don't really know how to write a real review, so here are my impressions.

They sound warm and at the same time bright and crisp, with a sound stage that feels more balanced then I expected. The Bass is there but more reserved, but it is still there. I have compared them to previous Beats, they beats them in terms of soundstage and comfort. I really like my Solo 3s and these easily beat them. The Solos in comparison sound a bit harsh on the high end.

I really like them.
Easily beats solo 3 then im sold

Oct 5, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #282 of 904
I should also qualify...in regard to my review. I am using an iPhone 7 plus. I believe there is something to be said for the Apple W1 chip in regard to unlocking the positives from these headphones. I am interested in hearing what Android folks who have heard them think.

I have had them on for three hours today, they feel very comfortable. I would often fatigue after a few hours with the Solo 3s.

I am currently playing Exile on Main Street remastered 2010 version and am super happy.

Oct 5, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #283 of 904
I love the shadow gray scheme. Im torn between them or maybe blue or red. I like gray best, but worried about discoloring on band as i will be in gym with these

IMO red and blue are nice but look more toys. Matte black, shadow gray, and white look really understated and luxurious.

My order (not from Apple) has been preparing for shipment since this morning, I’m not optimistic they actually have the Studio3 in-stock :frowning2:.

Oct 5, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #285 of 904
Signed up on Head-Fi just to post on this thread! I’ve had my Studio3 for a day now (black). I agree with buddhabone’s first impressions on the overall audio. A few other things: noise cancelling is quite good, but not MDR-1000x good. That said, I do appreciate the lack of wind noise when walking outdoors. I think the adaptive thing generally works. W1 somehow gives me better range in my house with iPhone 7+ than BeatsX.

And yes, Solo is harsher/more compressed than Studio3, but it has its place for workouts. One of the reasons I want to try the Studio3 is because of the advanced reviews on call quality, which is a big fail for the Sony 1000x. FYI, the audio on the Sony sounds “sweeter” and maybe a little less disciplined in the mids and highs. Not quite as energetic as the Studio3. Reminds me a little of the original Sennheiser Momentum on-ears: can make heavy metal sound like lounge lizard jazz!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back