Beats Studio3
Sep 16, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #122 of 904
exclusive First Look:

No impressions in the video but I imagine they're under NDA. The case is color-coordinated to the headphone though which is a decent touch.

Gotta say I'm expecting a lot out of Studio3. Apple's wireless quality is good enough for me to go wireless all the time, especially at the same price point. Just hope Studio3 has the drivers to match.

Sep 16, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #123 of 904
"this one is very good. I am impressed so far."

Hi-Fi Insider's reply to a comment on that video.

Haven't lost hope that Studio3 will be a great over-ear wireless headphone.

Sep 16, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #124 of 904
I recently bought Audeze's iSine10, and while it's much more resolving than the Solo3 with an impeccable midrange, the Solo3 are surprisingly still my favorite headphones for simply casual/pleasure listening. I also do still stand by my praise of the Solo3's imaging even after listening to the iSine10.

Studio3 could be amazing if the team put as much effort into its sound.

Sep 18, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #125 of 904
Yeah, it's awkward that Apple did not opt for Lightning on these. One could argue it's because Beats is a "mainstream" brand so opting for something not as Apple-specific as Lightning makes sense. But they have already started using Lightning on the BeatsX etc.. And they go with Micro-USB no less, not USB-C so they don't really correlate with their own Mac line-up either. And these are released mid-October, aka after the release of the new iPhone 8 and 8 Plus and right before the release of iPhone X. All featuring Qi Wireless charging capabilities and Apple has already shown their upcoming "AirPower" charging solution that will be able to wirelessly charge up to three devices at the same time, including the Apple AirPod using a new wireless charging capable case. It feels somewhat inconsistent for Apple to not ensure that these new "top-of-the-line" headphones first-party headphones don't support neither of these solutions. No Lightning, no wireless charging..

Sep 18, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #126 of 904
It's also a real shame how they went with gold details on so many of the colour options. I do love the colour of the grey, pink and white ones but I hate gold... My girlfriend was instantly in love with pink one until she noticed the gold details. If only the details was silver...

Sep 19, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #129 of 904
"They sound way better than the QC35 and are comparable to the 1000X."

Yup, expected that. Apparently they have "really, really good separation", a balanced sound, and ANC on par with those other two headphones.

Sep 19, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #130 of 904
Some more reviews were posted today:

www.thesun.co.uk/tech/4498597/we-review-the-beats-studio-3-wireless-noise-cancelling-headphones-to-see-if-they-are-worth-299/amp/

http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/1...-smart-sounding-ultra-long-lasting-headphones

Both highlight the "detailed" sound...

"Basically, the Studio 3 wireless headphones sound absolutely brilliant, bringing out all the intricacies of the music I tested them with and overcoming some of the coldness you often get when listening to digital music on lesser devices."

"The Beats Studio 3 Wireless is one of those great pairs of headphones that help you once more appreciate songs you've almost forgotten about. By bringing details to the fore, helping you hear details you didn't notice before and filling in the background with warmness."

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #131 of 904
Disappointed that they don't work without battery, though... but with the very long battery life and the 10 minute fast charge -> 3 hours of play time, it's not soooo bad.

Sep 19, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #133 of 904
That review is absolutely glowing. I was honestly hoping that it would be the hands-down best ANC performance but it sounds like it's right there with the other 2 while having top-tier sound and features. I'm so in on these.

Sep 19, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #135 of 904
PCMagazine also gave these a positive review, citing an emphasis on high-mids which makes vocals stand out of the mix. Seems pretty similar to the Momentum 2.0 in that regard.

https://www.pcmag.com/review/356290/beats-studio3-wireless

Will continue posting reviews as they come in.

Based on these early reviews I think Studio3 will dethrone the Bose QC35 over at RTings as the best everyday over-ear headphones, which will be a real testament when a site that does objective scientific testing has two Beats headphones in best of categories.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back