Beats Studio - wifi interference question
Oct 25, 2011 at 4:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

qawsed

Head-Fier
Could people that own the Studios help me out please. I find that when I am listening on my laptop I get interference sometimes in the left ear. It can be made better/worse by moving the headphones around. I can stop this by turning off wifi. It's only audible when there is no music playing but it a distinct interference as opposed to the slight noise  cancellation hiss.

Is this normal and part of the problem with noise cancellation or do I have a faulty pair with poor shielding or something?

Thanks!

Oct 25, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #3 of 8
From what i know they have interference issues from Edge/3G usage. I heard how they make an annoying noise when you place your mobile near. 

Oct 25, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #4 of 8
Moving the jack makes no difference, but actually moving my head position or the laptop position can cause it to come and go. It's a different interference to the beep beep beep of mobile phone interference. It's not there all the time but it's there quite a bit all the same.

Thanks

Oct 26, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #5 of 8
OK so the beats went back to Amazon today. Now I have a problem. I actually really liked the sound and looks of the beats. If the interference was just a duff pair then I'd reorder. But if not then I am very tempted by the D2000 which are basically the same price.

Any ideas?

Oct 26, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
OK so the beats went back to Amazon today. Now I have a problem. I actually really liked the sound and looks of the beats. If the interference was just a duff pair then I'd reorder. But if not then I am very tempted by the D2000 which are basically the same price.

Any ideas?

Nope, none at all but this might help
http://www.head-fi.org/t/552268/beats-studio-vs-denon-ah-d2000-vs-else

Jan 19, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #8 of 8
This is fun to me. I buy high-end ( I think that's the Beats' class) headphones, and I get the most damn interfering problem ? What the heck is this thing ? I have sennheiser bluetooth headphones and they're not having these problems... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back