Beats Solo Pro - The Official Thread
May 16, 2020 at 2:00 AM Post #61 of 65
I have just bought an iPhone 11 pro and am wondering whether to get beats solo Pro, studio 3, power beats Pro or the new airpods Pro. I like listening to a wide variety of music

May 16, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #62 of 65
I have just bought an iPhone 11 pro and am wondering whether to get beats solo Pro, studio 3, power beats Pro or the new airpods Pro. I like listening to a wide variety of music

If you can, I’d wait for Apple’s over-ear Pod headphones. If not, Powerbeats Pro are the best-sounding of the three by far.

Aug 1, 2020 at 3:50 AM Post #63 of 65
I just picked these up.. I compared them to the 1000x, mdr-100abn, hk bt and studio 3.. these have the most bass.. they sound pretty good but I think the 1000x are more neutral and prefer those over the solo pro just by a little.. although edm and bass heavy songs sound better on these.

Aug 17, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #64 of 65
I was looking for a pair of decent sounding BT headphones to replace my broken B&W P7 wireless until Apple decides to release a pair of over-ear headphones. In the end, as I couldn't find anything I truly liked among the usual higher-end BT ANC suspects, I bought a pair of AirPods Pro until that day happens.
I didn't even consider Beats as I was familiar with their older HPs and didn't even look at Solo Pro's measurements or reviews. Boy was I wrong. I tried them in store today and I was pleasantly surprised. I found them a tiny bit too hot around 2000-4000hz for my tastes I believe but not bad at all (conversely I thought the P7W had a slightly stronger dip than I'd like). I wasn't blown away but they definitely felt like a soundly engineered pair of headphones with a rather tasteful sound signature.
The world is turning upside down if Apple / Beats starts to adhere rather well to Harman-ish curves while Sony or Sennheiser continue to release bass monsters HPs...

Sep 17, 2023 at 2:27 AM Post #65 of 65
Hello from 2023!
I scored a very gently used pair of Solo Pros and now I am looking around if anyone else (who still has / uses them) has experienced weird battery behaviour ... when I first started using them they drained by like 1% per minute ... some googling later, I find the reset procedure .. since then it seems better, but I also had them go from 80 down to 60 with just one time take off and fold (only to slowly go back up again!) ... so, I do not think this is a busted battery, rather some glitch in the power management controller ... and there are some reddit posts talking about similar experiences .. anyone here? any solutions?

So far quite happy .. for 110$ that was a total steal in my opinion .. and that fuzzy case still makes me smile ...

yeah, long live the lightning cable :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back