Beats Solo Pro - The Official Thread
Jan 29, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #31 of 65
I think that is what the name of the upcoming ones will be. The new version of the studio Pro

Jan 29, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #32 of 65
Yeah, like I've stated, I wouldn't expect it, but can only hope they design a great wired headphone.

I know will not happen as their computers have crappy built-in dac/amps and phones have no headphone jack. They will not cater to a small market.

They got R&D power and it would be cool if they can make a headphone like a F1 car to demonstrate what they are capable of.

Mac’s have a great DAC and a powerful on-board amp. Even the Lightning to 3.5mm adapter is considered transparent and technically capable.

Feb 5, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #33 of 65
Beats Solo3 is a great bass-boosted headphone, so I'm still tempted to try Solo Pro. Unfortunately for Beats' best headphone, its release seems to have been almost completely overshadowed by AirPods Pro.

Mar 10, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #34 of 65
Just purchased Beats Solo Pro, which sounds excellent and looks amazing in Grey — pairs beautifully with my Gold Apple Watch with Stone band. Needless to say I’m glad I tried them but Powerbeats Pro are going back. They don’t replace AirPods for me and the fitment is annoying. I was extremely happy with Beats Solo Pro during my demo and they’re even more stable than Solo3 so I think I’ll enjoy them a lot.

It’s the best of both worlds honestly. I can still use AirPods for runs, podcasts, etc. and I have the Solo Pro for the gym and casual music listening. The sound quality, ANC, and Transparency Mode are all better than AirPods Pro.

Mar 11, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #35 of 65
I am not sure about my purchase of solo pro. They sound meh compared to other things I tried. AirPods pro sounded much better and we can’t even begin to compare solo pro and powerbeats pro. Two different worlds. Do these headphones need some burn in or are they just going to sound bad like this?

Mar 11, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #36 of 65
I am not sure about my purchase of solo pro. They sound meh compared to other things I tried. AirPods pro sounded much better and we can’t even begin to compare solo pro and powerbeats pro. Two different worlds. Do these headphones need some burn in or are they just going to sound bad like this?

Maybe you received a defective or fake pair? In my experience Beats Solo Pro sounded worlds better than AirPods Pro. Waiting to receive mine later this week.

Mar 11, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #37 of 65
Maybe you received a defective or fake pair? In my experience Beats Solo Pro sounded worlds better than AirPods Pro. Waiting to receive mine later this week.

Absolutely not fake and can’t see in which way it should be defective. Maybe just my ears. I just dislike them a lot. Try some burn in and I’ll see. Not giving up just yet as these are the only one who eh lightning at the moment.

Mar 12, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #38 of 65
Absolutely not fake and can’t see in which way it should be defective. Maybe just my ears. I just dislike them a lot. Try some burn in and I’ll see. Not giving up just yet as these are the only one who eh lightning at the moment.

The sound quality is good, but upon trying it I totally get your impression. I think I got myself too excited based on the store demo. Solo Pro is a quality product with solid sound and build quality, but I decided within an hour of using it that it’s not for me. It just doesn’t have a place anywhere in my life. Truly wireless wins for fitness purposes, and I’ll wear full-sized headphones if I want to listen to music. (Solo3 occasionally still gets in the rotation as well, but I don’t listen to music at home that frequently.)

I might give it one more try, but I apparently have a large head: I have to use Solo Pro fully-extended and it isn’t as comfortable or stable as I expected. Instant buyer’s remorse here, I’ll stick to Powerbeats Pro. While Transparency Mode is impressive, I still don’t care for ANC personally.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #39 of 65
Already unpaired from my phone and back in the box to return. (I was so confident I was going to keep them I bought from a retailer that I thought didn’t have a return policy, but thankfully they do.)

Mar 12, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #40 of 65
I spent extensive time with the Solo Pro and came to the same conclusion, it just wasn’t for me. The sound for me is just not Beats at all. Don‘t get me wrong, I think it’s a pretty accurate, clean sound. But for me personally, I don’t buy Beats for accurate and clean. I buy Beats for what their name says “Beats”. Every Beat headphone ever made prior to the Solo Pro all at least have one thing in common, they make bass, drums, and beats and any other rhythm instrument sound strong and exciting. It’s what I call an emotional sound signature that makes you want to get up and dance. The Solo Pro removed that in favor of a more balanced, accurate headphone. It’s more Bose to me now with a flat, uninspired sound. It just didn’t do it for me in what I want in a Beats headphone. When I had the Solo Pro I actually went and picked up a Beats Studio 3 for $199 to see if maybe I was trippin. Nope, the Studio 3 is a bigger, louder, more exciting and dynamic headphone, and so is the Solo 3. It’s a shame too because everything else about the Solo Pro I LOVE.

Mar 12, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #41 of 65
I spent extensive time with the Solo Pro and came to the same conclusion, it just wasn’t for me. The sound for me is just not Beats at all. Don‘t get me wrong, I think it’s a pretty accurate, clean sound. But for me personally, I don’t buy Beats for accurate and clean. I buy Beats for what their name says “Beats”. Every Beat headphone ever made prior to the Solo Pro all at least have one thing in common, they make bass, drums, and beats and any other rhythm instrument sound strong and exciting. It’s what I call an emotional sound signature that makes you want to get up and dance. The Solo Pro removed that in favor of a more balanced, accurate headphone. It’s more Bose to me now with a flat, uninspired sound. It just didn’t do it for me in what I want in a Beats headphone. When I had the Solo Pro I actually went and picked up a Beats Studio 3 for $199 to see if maybe I was trippin. Nope, the Studio 3 is a bigger, louder, more exciting and dynamic headphone, and so is the Solo 3. It’s a shame too because everything else about the Solo Pro I LOVE.

Yup. I think Solo3 sounds better overall. Solo Pro is so tight on my head it spiked up all the hair on the back of my head... I can’t take it off and have to deal with that. My head is just a bit larger than what the headphones are designed to support. The sound quality is balanced but I wasn’t thrilled with it.

Mar 13, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #42 of 65
I do still think Solo Pro has very good sound quality, with just enough low-end and clean vocals. What I’m most impressed about is the volume control on these headphones. 81% (13/16) seems to keep the exposure just under 90dB. Comfort isn’t great though, I just put them back on for a few minutes and my ear is already starting to get fatigued. I was able to achieve a stable fit though. For the most part it comes down to Powerbeats Pro vs Solo Pro for me.

Mar 13, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #43 of 65
I do still think Solo Pro has very good sound quality, with just enough low-end and clean vocals. What I’m most impressed about is the volume control on these headphones. 81% (13/16) seems to keep the exposure just under 90dB. Comfort isn’t great though, I just put them back on for a few minutes and my ear is already starting to get fatigued. I was able to achieve a stable fit though. For the most part it comes down to Powerbeats Pro vs Solo Pro for me.

I might have to change my mind and agree that the sound is good. After some EQ testing I found when lowering the Mid I like it much better. But besides liking it much better they sound much clearer.

To compare I have a pair of IER-Z1R which might not be fair. But they don’t need any EQ at all, and keep in mind my iPhone is powering them.

Solo Profor my ears don’t sound clear enough and after testing it’s the Mid that’s kind of scratchy. This is for me.

Mar 13, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #44 of 65
Forget Studio Pro, Apple’s over-ear Pod headphone is the one to look out for :wink:.
Apple owns Beats so really, the technology is going to be from the same DNA, just tuning and styling differences.

Mar 13, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #45 of 65
I might have to change my mind and agree that the sound is good. After some EQ testing I found when lowering the Mid I like it much better. But besides liking it much better they sound much clearer.

To compare I have a pair of IER-Z1R which might not be fair. But they don’t need any EQ at all, and keep in mind my iPhone is powering them.

Solo Profor my ears don’t sound clear enough and after testing it’s the Mid that’s kind of scratchy. This is for me.

I hear what you’re saying about the mid-range. It’s not totally natural. Mids are more emphasized and detailed on the Solo Pro, but Solo3 manages to produce more natural-sounding vocals.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back