Beats Solo HD vs Audio Technica Pro700mk2
Jul 15, 2013 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Bassdabomb27

New Head-Fier
So I bought beats solo hd today...have not opened yet. Should I go pro700? I want portable, durable headphones that look and sound nice and are somfortable enough to wear for around 2 hours at a time. Can you guys tell me experiences with beats or pro700's? Thanks in advance!

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #2 of 19
Hi!

I don't know the pro700s but I used to have the Solo HD. I bought them because they are very comfortable with glasses and you could were them for extended periods of time. They also sounded really nice for my then main source files, which where audio podcasts. BUT they broke two times in 1 1/2 years and I had to change three cables. I now have the Aiaiai TMA-1 and the process of purchasing them, got me deeper into the audio territory and today I wouldn't buy the Solo HD a second time!

For comfort and durability, I would look into something like the Philips Fidelio M1. They also sound so much better than the Solo and usually costs 2/3-1/2 the price of the beats. There is also a new headphone out from Aiaiai, called the capital, which is splashproof and sturdy but I don't know about the sound!

Hope that helped!

Cheers,

MoWe

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #3 of 19
Thanks for your comment! What specifically broke on the headphones besides the cables? And based on that, should I get best buy's $30 2 year warranty (covers all breakage, accidental or defect)? Thanks again for your help

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #4 of 19
Hi!

The hinge broke, the foam pad on the headband came off and the earpads broke. The cables also broke on three different locations, so nothing because of how I stored them, which was mostly in the delivered pouch!

I don't know about the best buy insurance as I'm from germany!

I would just look into some better headphones for the price!

Cheers,

MoWe

Jul 16, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #5 of 19
I may just end up keeping them...what is your opinion the sound quality and how is it eq'd? I found that the highs really didn't sound that bad and the bass was powerful but not crisp...I don't know other headphones that sound like these

Jul 16, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #8 of 19
Pro 700, HD too Bright and sharp
eek.gif

Jul 16, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #10 of 19
I liked the Beats for bass heavy music, until I experienced headphones (TMA-1) which have clear bass instead of the muffled one of the beats!

Eventhough, I enjoyed the beats sound while it lasted! Actually I never used the eq with them!

Jul 16, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:
Ah nice. Yes I'll keep my Ath-m45's around for real use but it seems like beats are the best portable on-ear headphones for now.

I would much rather have the simple ATH-M50's than any Beats for portable use. I really don't think Beats are worth it at all, unless you only listen to rap and like insanely inflated base. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back