beats problems
Sep 3, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #4 of 15
um its an electronic device

do you own a toilet?

do the math

Sep 3, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #5 of 15
Ummm... Just return them if you don't like them?  Also read the warranty sheet.  Water damage is usually one thing that is never included in a warranty claim.  Otherwise this kinda seems... I dunno.  Illegal.  Best case?  Post em on Craigslist and sell em.  

Sep 3, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #6 of 15
If it's a Best Buy warranty they usually cover everything.

Quote:
Ummm... Just return them if you don't like them?  Also read the warranty sheet.  Water damage is usually one thing that is never included in a warranty claim.  Otherwise this kinda seems... I dunno.  Illegal.  Best case?  Post em on Craigslist and sell em.  

Sep 4, 2012 at 2:12 AM Post #7 of 15
Just tell them that on certain songs (pick really obscure ones that the customer service dude is NOT going to have on his iPhone), you hear distortion or buzzing.  Play dumb like you don't know what's causing it but you think it might be some internal wiring or something.

They can't disprove it and they're got gonna give a **** because:  (a) they're gonna get credit for it due to their defective allowance with Beats; and (b) it's not like you're asking for your money back.

Sep 4, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

I've never found a point of paying 20 dollars for something the manufacturer already includes with the product.  Guess I didn't take that into consideration.  Still a good idea to read over though.  Otherwise Warrenpchi's idea seems like something I might try.  Great chance of backfiring though.  You might just come across someone with those headphones AND same music tastes... In which case... oops. 

Sep 4, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:
Otherwise Warrenpchi's idea seems like something I might try.  Great chance of backfiring though.  You might just come across someone with those headphones AND same music tastes... In which case... oops. 

Well lets just say that the odds of someone wearing Beats, working at Best Buy, AND listening to Tibetan Throat Singing are infinitesimal.  When I say you gotta be obscure, I mean seriously obscure.  Don't go in with something stupidly common like Carly Rae Jepsen or anything like that. 
biggrin.gif
  Best of luck!

Sep 4, 2012 at 5:43 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:
And the integrity of headfiers is thrown into question again...

Depends.  I found both my Studios and my SoloHDs to have a distorted and bloated low end.  Which is why, to this day, those remain the only two cans I've ever returned and not kept.  Of course, I was within my return period on both so all I had to do was tell the truth.

Sep 4, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #12 of 15
Buy fake ones online, get them delivered to your house. Go to bestbuy try to look up someone who can't really tell the difference from real to fake ones. Return the item, get full payment back.

Hahah lol no this is illegal and I bet they can find out somehow.

Sep 18, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #13 of 15
Just describe them as sounding "bloated with unrealistic vocals" or something else you can ad lib. When the manager tests them and looks at you like you're mad, explain that one of you is to think these are worth 100s.

You might not get a refund, but it could be amusing.

Oh, and fill your phone with chamber music and opera. Maybe some recordings of Hitler at political rallies. You know, make the manager a special playlist.

Sep 18, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #14 of 15
Well lets just say that the odds of someone wearing Beats, working at Best Buy, AND listening to Tibetan Throat Singing are infinitesimal.  When I say you gotta be obscure, I mean seriously obscure.  Don't go in with something stupidly common like Carly Rae Jepsen or anything like that.  :D   Best of luck!

You made my day. :D

Sep 18, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #15 of 15
Or, if these are Studios, you can say that you're studying Experimental music - which involves long periods of silence - and the static from the ANC is seriously ******* with your chances of getting a good grade.

Quote:
You made my day.
biggrin.gif

Glad to be of help! 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Maybe some recordings of Hitler at political rallies. You know, make the manager a special playlist.

Okay, but if the manager is a White Nationalist, he might wanna be friends... and now he's got your home address. 
eek.gif
  Tibetan Throat Singing is lower risk.  Worst case scenario is you get invited to a Free Tibet rally, which you can dismiss by just saying "hey man, I'm not all political and **** - I just dig the music - it's all about the music man."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back