Beats pro question. URGENT
May 6, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #16 of 24
You may also have to consider the ANC; Best Buy stores (like many retail settings) are usually noisy places, and neither of these offers a whole lot of passive isolation. Not exactly a great place to try out headphones (or speakers).

I've actually only ever tried the Pros (as a demo, not owning them) - I agree with Jude about the comfort issue. They sounded fairly compressed/muddled to me - like they don't know what they want to be when they grow up.

May 11, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #17 of 24
[size=x-small]These Beat's Pro's are the worst I have ever heard. Marketing Scam and EQ in the store. Been in this business for 40 years. You could spend $75 and get much better. Nice box though. Makes your head feel heavy, Buy them if your into "Boom and Tish"[/size]
[size=x-small]T-Rexx[/size]

May 11, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #18 of 24
Quote:
[size=x-small]These Beat's Pro's are the worst I have ever heard. Marketing Scam and EQ in the store. Been in this business for 40 years. You could spend $75 and get much better. Nice box though. Makes your head feel heavy, Buy them if your into "Boom and Tish"[/size]

signed up for that? Nice

May 11, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #19 of 24
[size=x-small]WiR3D[/size]
[size=x-small]Ya, I signed up just not to post this, but other thing too that might help. Try some of the Sony's you will see what I mean. The Beats Pro headphone is not audiophile quality by no means, not worth $400.00. That is just my opinion, to each his own.[/size]

May 11, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:
[size=x-small]WiR3D[/size]
[size=x-small]Ya, I signed up just not to post this, but other thing too that might help. Try some of the Sony's you will see what I mean. The Beats Pro headphone is not audiophile quality by no means, not worth $400.00. That is just my opinion, to each his own.[/size]

I own Denon D2000, AKH K242hd, Denon D7000, Asus Xonar essence STX (with AD797 opamps) and a 8 resistor parallel faux impedance decreasing adapter... I have also bought Ultrasone hfi-450 and AKG K142HD, and am going to buy Ultrasone Pro 750 or AKG k550 and Hisound studio V and Yulong D100 at a later stage.

but good on you, beats are horrible, its just a fact. This thread going on for so long is meh, but people are entitled to their opinion since sound is subjective, not that that suddenly makes beats good.

May 11, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #21 of 24
You may also have to consider the ANC; Best Buy stores (like many retail settings) are usually noisy places, and neither of these offers a whole lot of passive isolation. Not exactly a great place to try out headphones (or speakers).
I've actually only ever tried the Pros (as a demo, not owning them) - I agree with Jude about the comfort issue. They sounded fairly compressed/muddled to me - like they don't know what they want to be when they grow up.

I'm going to have to agree with this.
My friend bought them (before I knew him. All my friends ask me for headphone advice now) and I got to borrow them for a bit. I agree with the above description. They're muddy, bass is loose. I don't know if I put them on wrong but the bass lacked impact and they were just very uncomfortable.

May 12, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #22 of 24
[size=x-small]WiR3d,[/size]
[size=x-small]I was beginning to worry but yes I agree with you. I can see that you own good gear.[/size]
[size=x-small]I drove 500 miles to see this new headphone amp. The amp is made by Bedini. I wanted to see if the rumors were true. All as I can say is it's true. Pure class A 10/10 and they are not out of business like others have said. The amp is capable of driving speakers down to .5 ohms. [/size][size=x-small]I brought my Sony MDR 10's to listen to this amp. It was real good, it was driving a big set of Shahinian Diapasons bridged, I think he said around 3 ohms but boy did that amp sound good at least to me. The other people did not make any comments in front of me. I have owned a Bedini 25/25 for years with Quad ESL 55 speakers, never give them up or the Bedini. I think I'm going to buy that new amplifier after what I heard on the headphones. I have always owned the Infinity Quantum Series[/size] [size=x-small]QLS1 powered by a 200/200 Monster Bedini, also own a JC1 Amp and Preamp good sounding. Yes I would say a little vintage but that is the good sounding equipment not this crap that Best Buy sells. I also have one Marantz 16B and a Ampzilla what a fire starter that can be. But I can see you have good equipment. Thanks for at least responding.[/size]

Jul 15, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

When you mentioned "the worst I have ever heard", can you share with us what have gone terribly wrong in the BeatsPro that you have listened to?

May I know which headphone that costs only $75 but yet sounds better than BeatsPro? I'm very interested to get one for myself.
L3000.gif

Jul 15, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

When you mentioned "the worst I have ever heard", can you share with us what have gone terribly wrong in the BeatsPro that you have listened to?

May I know which headphone that costs only $75 but yet sounds better than BeatsPro? I'm very interested to get one for myself.
L3000.gif

Most probably the Sony XB500. and all beats are crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back