beats pro owner looking to upgrade!
Mar 31, 2012 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 59

Dio215

New Head-Fier
i have the beats pro they are good but from what i read theres better options, iam willing to sell my beats pro for 200$

I liesten to mostly rap i like very good bass i think the beats pro cover that part ok not really good, im running of an ipod most of the time. from all my research i put it down to the Denon d-2000 , ultrasone's hfi-580 or the pro 900's if the price is near 200$.

and how do these compare to the beats pro , like bass but not overdone i dont think the beats over do it is just not heavy enough for me.

Mar 31, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #2 of 59

Quote:
i have the beats pro they are good but from what i read theres better options, iam willing to sell my beats pro for 200$

I liesten to mostly rap i like very good bass i think the beats pro cover that part ok not really good, im running of an ipod most of the time. from all my research i put it down to the Denon d-2000 , ultrasone's hfi-580 or the pro 900's if the price is near 200$.

and how do these compare to the beats pro , like bass but not overdone i dont think the beats over do it is just not heavy enough for me.

XB500

Nothing will be heavy enough for you likely. So you might as well reach for the earthquake cans and if it's still not enough, just realize you need a couple of 15's in your house instead.

Very best,

Mar 31, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #3 of 59
beats not enough bass........X'D there are not really any more bass heavy headphones than them,  but I dont think you understand than anything more bass heavy will just sound like trash, why do you want more bass?, From talking too my friends that have beats I have learned over time that more bass somehow gets them too sort of feel the song more, so my possibly stupid theory is that you may need too try bass heavy headphones that still have a very strong mid and high end and you might get the same effect... or I might just be going crazy,who knows.
EDIT: or you might want too try headphones that dont have sloppy and muddy bass and instead punchie and tight bass. in both cases I would say off the top of my head look at the ultrasone hifi 580, and the m audio q40s

Mar 31, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #4 of 59
These might fit the bill

Mar 31, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #5 of 59
lol funny guy! ok so im going to sell the beats pro is just that when i sell them i want to get some around 200$ i dint meant to say heavy bass headphones , im looking for some good nice clean punchy bass that dont cover the whole track. are the denon d 2000 fit that? i like the ultrasone 580 from what i researched i just dont know if the bass is anygood , one of the reasons that i want to sell my beats PRO is that they are not very good with low bass so im basically looking for an all around good cans. i love my beats but these guys keep saying theres way!! better options for lower the price. @MalVeauX  i heard of those before but im going to use my headphones outside those are just to ugly looking. 

Mar 31, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #6 of 59

Quote:
lol funny guy! ok so im going to sell the beats pro is just that when i sell them i want to get some around 200$ i dint meant to say heavy bass headphones , im looking for some good nice clean punchy bass that dont cover the whole track. are the denon d 2000 fit that? i like the ultrasone 580 from what i researched i just dont know if the bass is anygood , one of the reasons that i want to sell my beats PRO is that they are not very good with low bass so im basically looking for an all around good cans. i love my beats but these guys keep saying theres way!! better options for lower the price. @MalVeauX  i heard of those before but im going to use my headphones outside those are just to ugly looking. 

What is your source and intended use for them? At home or portable?

Mar 31, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #9 of 59
yea i have heard that before i thinking more and more to just to stick to my PRO's since i dont think theres a big difference with them with other headphones that i know of ? 

any one ever heard the ultrasone hfi-580 how are they compared to the PRO's i they could at all? i keep hearing the bass is tight and punchy? is that true how are they compared to the PRO's and i think the hfi-580 are portable enough for me.

Mar 31, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #10 of 59
The beats do have alot of bass but I did not feel that they go very low or deep and its very loose IMO and the pros despite having a midrange unlike the other two models is still not natural sounding.

You could look at AKG K550, Im not sure if it fits the bill for the bass you want but it looks gorgeous and I wouldnt mind carrying that around for portable use despite the 3m cord.:).

Mar 31, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #12 of 59

Quote:
The beats do have alot of bass but I did not feel that they go very low or deep and its very loose IMO and the pros despite having a midrange unlike the other two models is still not natural sounding.

You could look at AKG K550, Im not sure if it fits the bill for the bass you want but it looks gorgeous and I wouldnt mind carrying that around for portable use despite the 3m cord.:).

Having owned the akg 272 mkii and q701 before, I have a feeling akg will not present enough bass quanitity for him.

Mar 31, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #13 of 59
Well I have both the beats pro(thank god it was a gift and I did not pay $400 for them) and the ultrasones and I think that the ultrasons have a less muddy bass and better mids and highs, and the d2000 are better than both and you can do what I did on mine and coil the cord up and put a zip tie around it.

Mar 31, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #15 of 59
I would say the ultrasone hifi 580 is a nice upgrade and the denons are even better
EDIT: I listened to my beats pros I dug out of the closet and the ultrasons and denons are a much bigger upgrade than I thought they were I never took notice too how much better all my headphones I have now are better than the pros

Users who are viewing this thread

Back