Beats Part II: Ludacris Soul - What Next?!
Jan 1, 2012 at 10:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Nick R

New Head-Fier
What are these things? Are they going to be the next beats? Will all the cool kids being wearing them because they are endorsed by a big name rapper. It is quite obvious that Ludacris saw Dre's sucsess off of making mediocre, overpriced headphones, and copied him. They even look the same, and probably sound equal.

http://www.soulbyludacris.com/

Jan 1, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #5 of 17
They all look exactly like the Beats. Do you *really* think that would happen if Monster didn't have a hand in making soul/sms too? They're just made for the same stupid people who want the Beats, but think to themselves, "I'm special and don't want to be like everyone else".

Jan 1, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #10 of 17
InnerFidelity posted a review comparing all of the various "celebriphones" - as I recall, the Soul products were the only ones that fared decently (at least of the mainstream, ignoring AKG, Koss, and Sennheiser's attempts) - most of the complaints were of a functional, rather than quality, nature. For example, they require batteries. 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/celebrity-headphone-deathmatch

I'm very skeptical that Monster is involved in the production of either; Soul is produced by Signeo, and SMS is its own company. 

I'm not defending any of them; just providing the information I've seen. 

Jan 1, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #11 of 17

Quote:
InnerFidelity posted a review comparing all of the various "celebriphones" - as I recall, the Soul products were the only ones that fared decently (at least of the mainstream, ignoring AKG, Koss, and Sennheiser's attempts) - most of the complaints were of a functional, rather than quality, nature. For example, they require batteries. 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/celebrity-headphone-deathmatch

I'm very skeptical that Monster is involved in the production of either; Soul is produced by Signeo, and SMS is its own company. 

monster would never make/ help produce them . it would turn into a PR nightmare

Jan 2, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #12 of 17
"by Signeo" and "SMS is its own company" are fairly meaningless terms in the world of selling usage rights to licenses, patents, or creating "companies" just to be a brand name for a new product line. I highly, highly, highly doubt there is any non-marketing R&D going on in-house, especially at SMS, for these celebriphones.

Quote:

Jan 2, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #13 of 17
The only thing I'm wondering is what if the Sleek audio deal with 50 cent went through, I actually had high hopes for those can's they looked quite interesting IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back