beats mixr vs audio technica m-50s?????
Jun 27, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #31 of 36
ive gotta say i completely regret buying the Mixrs on a whim last year - they were not worth half the £200 i paid for them! the sound is ultra coloured to the point of silliness, tried to eq the bass but the qualitty isnt there
some like them... Take cb3723 for example. He loves his Mixr's. Go look at his headphone inventory. He has the hd800, LCD-X, K812, etc. Yet still makes time for his mixr's. Not for everyone, but some like them.

Jun 28, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #32 of 36
some like them... Take @cb3723 for example. He loves his Mixr's. Go look at his headphone inventory. He has the hd800, LCD-X, K812, etc. Yet still makes time for his mixr's. Not for everyone, but some like them.

Looking back at my point it does seem a bit emotionally driven... To explain, I personally prefer a cleaner headphone with a revealing and intimate sound signature. However seeing at what the genres that will be listened to; the Mixrs are an OK shout. I just feel that comparing the two, the M50s outclass the mixrs in most areas, and technically presents music much better. However the mixrs make up some ground up utilising a more carefree, shameless and fun sound sig.

I guess its down to preference, if I had to choose I would definitely not pick the Mixrs, for the whole package there are plenty of other brands (m50s included) that give more bang for the buck

Jun 28, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #33 of 36
Looking back at my point it does seem a bit emotionally driven... To explain, I personally prefer a cleaner headphone with a revealing and intimate sound signature. However seeing at what the genres that will be listened to; the Mixrs are an OK shout. I just feel that comparing the two, the M50s outclass the mixrs in most areas, and technically presents music much better. However the mixrs make up some ground up utilising a more carefree, shameless and fun sound sig.

I guess its down to preference, if I had to choose I would definitely not pick the Mixrs, for the whole package there are plenty of other brands (m50s included) that give more bang for the buck
welcome to head-fi btw! I personally, as I said don't like the m50's. Haven't heard the mixr's... I just use akg k240's with an e11.

Jun 29, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #34 of 36
you really are a bandwagon moron arent you? I have heard both, mixrs are better for mobile use, i have tried both with my fiio e11 amp and the mixrs get louder with more bass, heck my hesh 2 are the same volume as the m50s. You have dubstep in your name so I KNOW you have no knowledge of real music child

To people like him, louder = better, more bass = better. They don't really know what good audio is because they have never heard it.
When you listen to low quality mp3s on a high quality headphone it's going to sound pretty bad. But when you listen to low quality mp3s on low quality headphones it wont sound as bad because you won't be able to hear how much it sucks.
I'm not saying either is better btw. It's just my experience with most people who blindly love skull candy/beats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back