beats mixr vs audio technica m-50s?????
Jun 19, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #16 of 36
I truly think you're making a mistake if you consider the MIXR on-par with the M50. After spending significantly more time with the MIXR than when I last posted on this thread, I've been thoroughly disappointed. The MIXR is more lively than the M50 because of its bass-heaviness, but is more congested than the A-T and is severely lacking in detail.

May 18, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #18 of 36
Sorry but I beg to differ on the m50's, absolutely terrible headphones. I currently use skullcandy hesh 2.0 supreme hd sound at $60 retail price and they completely destroy m50's. Way more bass, treble, same volume AND quality even with the insane amount of bass, better looks, detachable cord, the cord on the m50's can't be used in ANY phone case what's so ever, on top of a $180 retail price point? Mixrs I have heard and are very loud with exeptional quality and build. I hate beats products but they went right with this product.

May 19, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #19 of 36
Sorry but I beg to differ on the m50's, absolutely terrible headphones. I currently use skullcandy hesh 2.0 supreme hd sound at $60 retail price and they completely destroy m50's. Way more bass, treble, same volume AND quality even with the insane amount of bass, better looks, detachable cord, the cord on the m50's can't be used in ANY phone case what's so ever, on top of a $180 retail price point? Mixrs I have heard and are very loud with exeptional quality and build. I hate beats products but they went right with this product.
and you have no idea what you are talking about! :D

May 19, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #20 of 36
If you are willing to pay the price for the beats, there are much better options. If you want something at the price point of M50s, mine were worth it at 100, and I don't know if the M50x is worth the extra $60. The M50s are much better valued. I enjoy my M50s very much.

If you want to make the most of your money, give us some more information about what headphones you like or don't, what features are important, and your price range.

May 20, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #22 of 36
I own both-

M50 - better sound & comfort

MIXR- look better, but they have a comparatively muffled/muddy sound, and they clamp on your head like a tight vice. Still, they're not as bad as Beats hp's are made out to be on these forums.

May 20, 2014 at 4:15 AM Post #23 of 36
  People on this forum hate on the Beats line for a reason. The M50s all the way. I'd at very least wait for the Beats to get a thumbs up from a respected audio reviewer.

Beats have a bad rep here mainly because of prejudice....
I suppose these would count as respected reviews? Well, they get paid to do it.

http://www.whathifi.com/review/monster-beats-pro-by-dr-dre

http://www.whathifi.com/review/monster-beats-by-dr-dre

http://www.whathifi.com/review/monster-beats-by-dre-powerbeats

http://www.whathifi.com/review/monster-beats-by-dre-ibeats

May 20, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #24 of 36
Jun 26, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #26 of 36
and you have no idea what you are talking about! :D
you really are a bandwagon moron arent you? I have heard both, mixrs are better for mobile use, i have tried both with my fiio e11 amp and the mixrs get louder with more bass, heck my hesh 2 are the same volume as the m50s. You have dubstep in your name so I KNOW you have no knowledge of real music child

Jun 26, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #27 of 36
you really are a bandwagon moron arent you? I have heard both, mixrs are better for mobile use, i have tried both with my fiio e11 amp and the mixrs get louder with more bass, heck my hesh 2 are the same volume as the m50s. You have dubstep in your name so I KNOW you have no knowledge of real music child

This guy will be listening to rock, wouldn't there be a bit too much bass for rock music? And also, the M50s I tried could be easily brought up to a higher-than-average volume (in a decently loud store in a mall) with just an iPad. 

Jun 27, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #28 of 36
The yamaha pro 500 has a pretty big discount on amazon (it is now half original msrp). Im pretty sure this outclasses both the mixrs and the m50. If you are looking for a fun sounding headphone, check it out.
It doesnt absolutely need an amp but it benefits from one.

Jun 27, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #29 of 36
I don't even like ath-m50's! And I've gotten better bass cans from JVC for 40$ than anything skull candy has ever made. I personally like the AKG house sound. And pro 500 is half price? Cool. Might check it out.

Jun 27, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #30 of 36
ive gotta say i completely regret buying the Mixrs on a whim last year - they were not worth half the £200 i paid for them! the sound is ultra coloured to the point of silliness, tried to eq the bass but the qualitty isnt there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back