Beats Executive... Another disappointment
Feb 4, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #136 of 167
  Thanks for the info, I didn't know that!  I guess the Exec's ARE impressive...perhaps I'll go back to listen longer than 5 minutes :wink:

After collecting dust for half a year, I revisited the Executive's again. Seen here is the Executives reduced to only the circuit board and the battery compartment. The ANC mics aren't connected. A 3.5 mm stereo mini jack is directly wired to the input, and the headphone jack in the ear cup is wired to the output.

Plugging any headphone into it will make them sound like the Executives; a bit hissy (would've been worse with the ANC mics connected), a bit louder and you'll get a unique v-curve EQ tuning.

Feb 21, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #137 of 167
I agree. I have both the Beats Executive and Bang Olufsen H6. The H6 sounds much better for mids and trebble but the base is OK... It seems that Beats are only concerned about the Base.

Feb 21, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #138 of 167
I agree. I have both the Beats Executive and Bang Olufsen H6. The H6 sounds much better for mids and trebble but the base is OK... It seems that Beats are only concerned about the Base.

The bass on the H6s is very balanced and articulated, sadly the bass on the the Executives is still a bit bloated and sloppy, but better than the old Beats Studios.

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #140 of 167
  I don't think you can give a full out opinion just by demoing his beats for 30min-1hour. I get the hate for beats ,but I think you might just be blindly hating the headphone.

Before you make such silly assumptions, I'd recommend some research
wink.gif
:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/672743/comparisons-13-of-the-top-closed-portable-headphones-around

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #142 of 167
So sadly, I was able to demo a pair of the new Beats that my friend bought yesterday...

Garbage. Monster just can't seem to grasp that bass isn't good after a certain extent.

They also need batteries for the "active noise cancelation" which in my opinion is worse on these cans than the Studios. In my point of view, they are just another noise canceling can that didn't get it right.

Avoid the Executives...

How can you be disappointed if you never expected good sound from that company in the first place? 
devil_face.gif

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #143 of 167
  I've seen that thread you made many times already. I guess it's all about preferences. What may sound bad for you , might sound good to me. 

But if you've seen it, then why did you assume I've only heard them for 30 minutes, sorry that I don't understand? 
confused.gif

What other headphones have you heard on my listing? You might be surprised.

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #145 of 167
  My comment was made to OP not you lol. I have heard about 2 or 3 of the headphones on your list. 

Gotcha...in future I'd recommend noting that to avoid confusion as your comments came right after mine. 
redface.gif

Mar 3, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #148 of 167

Aug 11, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #149 of 167
MacedonianHero

Dude, if you get the chance - give the new beats solo2 an audition - I think you'll appreciate these cans as a very good portable set of cans that represent the most up to date evolution of the beats sound signature, that while retaining decent bass is probably beats most "neutral " cans to date, resulting in a can that has ability for broad appeal to many music genres :wink:

Aug 12, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #150 of 167
MacedonianHero

Dude, if you get the chance - give the new beats solo2 an audition - I think you'll appreciate these cans as a very good portable set of cans that represent the most up to date evolution of the beats sound signature, that while retaining decent bass is probably beats most "neutral " cans to date, resulting in a can that has ability for broad appeal to many music genres :wink:
+1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back