Beats Executive... Another disappointment
Jun 27, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #106 of 167
Quote:
I am taking about completely different buyers segment.
If a friends asks you then that is good that  you are trying to help and make their money go in the right place.

Secondly , You really need to improve on you reading skills - " also it was mainly designed for consumers unlike us who really care about price to performance ratio."  

Then why do you care if we talk about it here, head-fi of all place?

Secondly, you really need to improve on your writing and editing post skill.

Jun 27, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #107 of 167
Quote:
Then why do you care if we talk about it here, head-fi of all place?

Secondly, you really need to improve on your writing and editing post skill.

Because illogical beats bashing is just as bad as unreasonable beats snobbing.

Jun 29, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #108 of 167
NEW!  All BLACK Beats Executive.

Jun 29, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #110 of 167
Managed to try them out at the shop yesterday. The treble is has a very sizzling sound which seems out of place with the rest of the frequency spectrum.

Jun 30, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #112 of 167
Quote:
Might be that hissing noise

Don't really think so, since its like a sr325 sizzle but at a higher frequency and is much more harsh.

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:41 AM Post #113 of 167
I just took a listen to a pair of these in an Apple Store in HK. They're actually not that bad. Quite well balanced and clear. I can't see what the hate is all about this particular hp. Have most of the posters in this thread actually taken a listen to them?

Oct 20, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #115 of 167
Trust me there're not $299 awesome. I've owned all the Beats except the Ur Beats and Mixers (thanks to my roommates half price work discount) and none of them IMO are better than e Monster Pro Golds except for the Pros and Detox. Beats have a unique ability to not produce any depth in the music.

Nov 7, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #116 of 167
Trust me there're not $299 awesome. I've owned all the Beats except the Ur Beats and Mixers (thanks to my roommates half price work discount) and none of them IMO are better than e Monster Pro Golds except for the Pros and Detox. Beats have a unique ability to not produce any depth in the music.

I retract my previous statement about the beats. They were good, but they're worth like $75-100 because I finally got to compare it to the audiotechnica ATH-m50s today. The ATH is better than the beats and I also tried the Sennheiser HD 598. 
After hearing the HD 598 without an amp (just from my computer onboard sound card line out) it's amazing how when you really hear a GOOD headphone it's no comparison. Happy with my purchase.

Jan 11, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #118 of 167
Say what you will, the Execs is Beats' best. It's truly the most decent thing they ever done. The design, build quality & SQ are all pretty damn good. None of that Sony-like boosted-bass that plagues their other models. It sounds good plugged into an iPod or iPhone. 

Jan 11, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #119 of 167
  Say what you will, the Execs is Beats' best. It's truly the most decent thing they ever done. The design, build quality & SQ are all pretty damn good. None of that Sony-like boosted-bass that plagues their other models. It sounds good plugged into an iPod or iPhone. 

The damn hiss of the NC circuitry just killed them for me. I've owned several NC headphones and in this regard, these were the worst...just unacceptable IMO. They are very well constructed and don't sound half bad...just that constant hiss. 

Jan 12, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #120 of 167
Note that the Executives are Beats' best. That's good enough for a pair of Beats. They aren't comparable to other NC headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back