Beats Executive... Another disappointment
Feb 4, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #95 of 164

Chrontius

New Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Posts
28
Likes
11
Quote:
When a majority of people who actually buy beats headphones LOVES AND CRAVES the bass it produces, I say let them enjoy it.. 
 
Even if they have no idea what good sound is..

They may be better served by the Ultimate Ears 6000, which if boomy, goes very deep.  I discovered a new bassline on a favorite song while I auditioned them.  :D
 
Apr 14, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #98 of 164

EPICFAILXD

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Posts
424
Likes
32
Alrite guys, my flame suit's on. So earlier on, I bought the Urbeats, Beats by Dre's cheapest model. I liked the look a lot, and read reviews on them that said they were decent, so I thought "Why not?" I'm listening to them now, and please don't flame me for this, but they actually sound good. Not audiophile level good, but they're a fun sounding mid-fi ish IEM, with an obvious emphasis on bass. Heavy hard hitting bass, but it doesn't drown out the mids or highs. I'm actually liking them enough to keep them, despite also owning IEMs that are held in high regard here, like the MX985 and the FXT90.
 
Apr 17, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #99 of 164

lilboozy

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jul 9, 2012
Posts
357
Likes
17
Quote:
Alrite guys, my flame suit's on. So earlier on, I bought the Urbeats, Beats by Dre's cheapest model. I liked the look a lot, and read reviews on them that said they were decent, so I thought "Why not?" I'm listening to them now, and please don't flame me for this, but they actually sound good. Not audiophile level good, but they're a fun sounding mid-fi ish IEM, with an obvious emphasis on bass. Heavy hard hitting bass, but it doesn't drown out the mids or highs. I'm actually liking them enough to keep them, despite also owning IEMs that are held in high regard here, like the MX985 and the FXT90.

You should send them to rinchoi (udauda on headfi) so he can measure them 
cool.gif

rinchoi.blogspot.com
 
Apr 17, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #100 of 164

EPICFAILXD

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Posts
424
Likes
32
Quote:
You should send them to rinchoi (udauda on headfi) so he can measure them 
cool.gif

rinchoi.blogspot.com

Nah, don't think I would be able to do that, since it would be expensive to ship them from HK (where I live) to the US. However, one thing is certain: they sound very similar to the Beats Tour (freq response below), except the Urbeats have much better presentation imo. 
graphCompare.php
graphCompare.php

 
Jun 27, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #103 of 164

MrTechAgent

Member of the Trade: Kaldas Research
Joined
Mar 12, 2013
Posts
3,119
Likes
2,552
Location
Mumbai (India)
The beats fights are absolutely ridiculous.
First if you guys know that you are not gonna like it , why buy it ?
Secondly check out Head-fi TV on YouTube where Jude had a conversation with the CEO and it is made clear that they designed the headphones according to the celebrity's and the way they wanted the headphone to be, also it was mainly designed for consumers unlike us who really care about price to performance ratio.
If they are happy let them be :)
 
Jun 27, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #104 of 164

laon

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Posts
881
Likes
49
Quote:
The beats fights are absolutely ridiculous.
First if you guys know that you are not gonna like it , why buy it ?
Secondly check out Head-fi TV on YouTube where Jude had a conversation with the CEO and it is made clear that they designed the headphones according to the celebrity's and the way they wanted the headphone to be, also it was mainly designed for consumers unlike who us who really didn't care about price to performance ratio.
If they are happy let them be :)

 
What fight and who said that we buy them? So we should let other people remain remain blissfully unaware to the fact that they could hear their music better for far less money? I don't actively try to sabotage Beats or something but if my friends ask me about headphone I will make them stay clear of Beats because I care about them. 
 
Who said we didn't care about price to performance ratio? Have you ever go to some of the cheaper appreciation thread? It's massive there, and do you honestly believe that Beats have good price/perf ratio?
 
So when a CEO of a product that their product is the best it's 100% correct without any string attached? How naive of you.
 
Lastly, why does it bother you that there are threads discussing about fact or opinion regarding beats here?
 
Jun 27, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #105 of 164

MrTechAgent

Member of the Trade: Kaldas Research
Joined
Mar 12, 2013
Posts
3,119
Likes
2,552
Location
Mumbai (India)
I am taking about completely different buyers segment.
If a friends asks you then that is good that  you are trying to help and make their money go in the right place.
 
Secondly , You really need to improve on you reading skills - " also it was mainly designed for consumers unlike us who really care about price to performance ratio."  
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top