Beats Executive... Another disappointment
Jan 7, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #76 of 167
Actually when HTC sold their shares back monster didn't buy them, beats audio actually bought their own company back from HTC. A simple Google search will show you that.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

That doesn't mean that Monster does not make Beats anymore. And, Monster still owns 49% of Beats so it would make sense that they remain the manufacturer.

Jan 7, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #77 of 167
Okay gang, I'm not an audiophile by any means, however I love love love music and seek the means to get the most out of every song I listen to by whomever the artist is...

I bought the Dre Beats Executives today from Abt here in Chicago and right away on the 45 minute drive home I was disappointed. The bass is just so over powering. So over powering it distorts and the sound is just confused and jumbled together... On some songs the sound is tremendous- but if the song is busy and complex these headphones lend very little for the soul to appreciate.

Am I disappointed? Yes, but I sort of expected to be- unfortunately Abt doesn't carry the Sennheiser Momentum or the Amperior, which is what I wanted to get... But I read people I used to think knew what the heck they were talking about saying these were decent headphones so I thought I'd give them a try... No offense, but these headphones- for me at least- leave a great deal to be desired... What I heard today (on certain songs) is the type of quality I'd expect from an 18 dollar set of junk headphones.

I will say this though, they're sturdy as heck!

Jan 8, 2013 at 6:20 AM Post #78 of 167
Quote:
The bass is just so over powering. So over powering it distorts and the sound is just confused and jumbled together... On some songs the sound is tremendous- but if the song is busy and complex these headphones lend very little for the soul to appreciate.

Am I disappointed? Yes, but I sort of expected to be- unfortunately Abt doesn't carry the Sennheiser Momentum or the Amperior, which is what I wanted to get... But I read people I used to think knew what the heck they were talking about saying these were decent headphones so I thought I'd give them a try... No offense, but these headphones- for me at least- leave a great deal to be desired... What I heard today (on certain songs) is the type of quality I'd expect from an 18 dollar set of junk headphones.

I totally agree. I didn't know the right words to describe that feeling of "blended together" sound.
I can't fault the metal headband though. That's the one thing that makes them an improvement over the studios.

Sorry to hear you dropped the bucks for them though. But hey, look on the bright side; in a way, you DID get your money's worth. Here's how;
$25 worth of sound quality
$15 worth of sturdiness
$15 worth of noise cancellation
$20 worth of looks
$225 worth of brand name

Some people actually consider this a good deal.

Jan 8, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #80 of 167
Quote:
Okay gang, I'm not an audiophile by any means, however I love love love music and seek the means to get the most out of every song I listen to by whomever the artist is...

I bought the Dre Beats Executives today from Abt here in Chicago and right away on the 45 minute drive home I was disappointed. The bass is just so over powering. So over powering it distorts and the sound is just confused and jumbled together... On some songs the sound is tremendous- but if the song is busy and complex these headphones lend very little for the soul to appreciate.

Lend it to a DIY'er to transplant a decent driver in there and get rid of the noise cancelling circuitry :)

Jan 8, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #81 of 167
Quote:
Lend it to a DIY'er to transplant a decent driver in there and get rid of the noise cancelling circuitry :)

That's not a gurantee it will sound good.  I did that with my Studio and it sounded like crap.

Jan 8, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #82 of 167
Quote:

That's not a gurantee it will sound good.  I did that with my Studio and it sounded like crap.

Shoot. Did the donor headphone have similar dimensions to the Studio? I'm guessing the acoustic tuning of the driver according to the housing plays the biggest role. Ultrasone Hfi-580 or Shure Srh840 drivers may do the trick

Jan 8, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #84 of 167
Pick 20 diversified songs, go try them out... If you can't hear it I'm a monkeys uncle... Man I tell you- if anybody disagrees they're crazy... I know almost nothing about the in's and out's of headphones and I can tell you- these headphones are j.u.n.k. junk....

Jan 8, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #88 of 167
Quote:

I thought the song "Hotel California" was fantastic. The phrase hit or miss isn't fair, it's occasional hit, mostly miss...

I feel the studio is the same way but coincidentally most of my songs were on the hit because I listen to a lot of dubstep. I can see why audiophiles would say they sound horrible on other songs but on dubstep it's good. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back