Beats By Dre
Dec 25, 2014 at 2:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

xHyperNova

New Head-Fier
So I have a Ultrasone Pro 900 and the Jaybird Bluebud X. I'm looking for something really muddy and dirty for some dubstep and EDM, are beats the way to go? The last time I tried their IEMs was a free promotion for a HTC phone and I lovveeddd them

Dec 25, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #2 of 3
I recommend you gather thoughts from the bass head members in their thread linked below.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/715697/the-audiophile-bass-lounge-basshead-club-part-ii

They will be able to tell you what's hot for your required application.

PS: Muddy bass is usually classed as a negative here, an unwanted part of audio signature, although it probably goes hand in hand with funky dubstep code language you'd be better off saying you need some deep ass low kicking sub-bass that will rattle my teeth homie.

Goodluck

Dec 25, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #3 of 3
Actually, the Tour V2's have a better bass response than the originals.  It's not that muddy, it's pretty crisp and tight.  They aren't bad IEM's now, the highs are clear, and I use them with my X3 with the bass turned up to +10, and they hold their own.  The bass is a little rough at that setting, but nothing that can't be tamed by turning it down a bit.  I like my Tour V2's, and plan on taking just them with me in Feb., when we go on vacation.  Don't think I'll need anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back