Beats by Dr. "K" ? Klipsch M40
Aug 29, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #3 of 136
OH NO!  The DJ/Rappers are taking over the world!

Nov 7, 2011 at 2:53 AM Post #5 of 136
^ If any one actually read the specs they'd realize its a lot more ambitious than its appearance seems; Its an (over-ear?) dual driver headphone with an active cross over and replaceable cables. It doesn't have to be used with active noise cancelling either. I can't argue over its price, its stupid expensive; but I'm hoping its a great headphone anyway.

I wouldn't mind an over-ear S4/X10 XD

Dec 5, 2011 at 3:37 AM Post #6 of 136

Quote:
^ If any one actually read the specs they'd realize its a lot more ambitious than its appearance seems; Its an (over-ear?) dual driver headphone with an active cross over and replaceable cables. It doesn't have to be used with active noise cancelling either. I can't argue over its price, its stupid expensive; but I'm hoping its a great headphone anyway.

I wouldn't mind an over-ear S4/X10 XD

I'm curious for sure.

I know the audiovox buyout makes us all nervous the Klipsch will fall just as MB Quart has since the 90s, but this dual driver idea is intriguing you have to admit.

And the optional noise canceling....

Dec 5, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #7 of 136
It's not like we really expected them to produce a scaled down La Scala to strap to our heads...

These look good. If they sound good too, I'd love to see a few in the wild replacing Beats. 

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:51 AM Post #9 of 136

Quote:
I'm curious for sure.

I know the audiovox buyout makes us all nervous the Klipsch will fall just as MB Quart has since the 90s, but this dual driver idea is intriguing you have to admit.

And the optional noise canceling....

Audiovox is literally one of the most low-class/trash/ghetto/cheap electronics companies I can think of. All their audiovox-branded stuff is horrible. They better give Klipsch a LOT of autonomy.
Sorry if this came off as offensive/overly aggressive.

Dec 5, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #11 of 136

Quote:
Audiovox is literally one of the most low-class/trash/ghetto/cheap electronics companies I can think of. All their audiovox-branded stuff is horrible. They better give Klipsch a LOT of autonomy.
Sorry if this came off as offensive/overly aggressive.

I don't see why they wouldn't just let Klipsch continue to do what they've been doing.  I know companies like to fix things that aren't broken, but we can only hope audiovox owning them is a technicality and not a driving force.

Anyways, dual driver headphone??

Why aren't more people intrigued? Am I crazy? I'm super curious

Dec 5, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #12 of 136
^^ I know I am super intrigued....but getting a little tired of getting any word at all.  The Klipsch forum has zero news and zero replies.  Then you can live chat with someone from Klipsch.  I've done this a few times to as when these headphones will be available to purchase.  Get the same answer.  Should be out by the end of the week.  Really? 

Well, I know I can't wait to hear what they can do. 

Dec 5, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #13 of 136

Quote:

Anyways, dual driver headphone??

Why aren't more people intrigued? 

Because the vast majority of multi-driver headphones have been pretty poor performers. Adding a crossover to a system is another weak point for the sound to get wonky - and with headphone size drivers is usually considered quite unnecessary (the best crossover is no crossover). 

This is not to say that it cannot be done well. It does, however, hurt it's chances out of the box unless they really nailed it. 

Dec 5, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #14 of 136

Quote:
^^ I know I am super intrigued....but getting a little tired of getting any word at all.  The Klipsch forum has zero news and zero replies.  Then you can live chat with someone from Klipsch.  I've done this a few times to as when these headphones will be available to purchase.  Get the same answer.  Should be out by the end of the week.  Really? 

Well, I know I can't wait to hear what they can do. 

Curious to hear your impressions!

Dec 13, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #15 of 136
Tried these today at a Brookstone store (I went looking for re-branded OEM headphones).

I wish I had my portable rig with me, but I had to do with a 4th gen ipod touch and my android phone

I'm sorry to say that I was very disappointed... They reminded me a great deal of the Solo HD in sound quality. Look at ljokerl's review of the solo in his comparison thread if you need a refresher.

Build quality was also disappointing, they're VERY heavy... I would go as far to say stupidly heavy. I think Klipsch thought this would make people think they're expensive (like the beats pros), but at the end of the day it's still mostly plastic. The weight made them uncomfortable even after only after a few minutes, and the ear pads weren't all that great either -- nothing like the cushy foam used on the Bose QC. The cable also felt cheap.. I can see it getting frayed or kinked very easily.

The noise canceling feature also wasn't that great, the noise canceling feature is inferior to deep-insertion IEMs and even the aforementioned Bose Headphones.

I don't know what Klipsch was thinking with these... $350 for Solo HD sound quality? Now I wonder if the new Reference S4 are even worth looking at...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back