Beats by Dr. Dre
Mar 27, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #3 of 17
You may want search first.

Beats by Dr. Dre is quite good noise cancelling headphones comparing with OTHER NOISE CANCELLING headphones.

Comparing with just normal headphones, they are overpriced. But same goes for rest of noise cancelling headphones.

Mar 27, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnmnkh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You may want search first.

This.

Mar 27, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by PSpfano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was wondering if the beats(over the ear) were any good??

They are very good ANC headphones. I prefer them over my DT770 250 ohm pro out of my DAC1.. If you listen to R&B/Rap/Hip Hop, need great isolation, very good sound, & nice comfort, they are hard to beat, if you can find them for 250 or less..

Mar 27, 2009 at 6:06 PM Post #7 of 17
A quick search will probably tell you our opinion.
Thats its not much regarded...

Mar 27, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #8 of 17
Welcome to head-fi. Try the search bar. There are a lot of threads on these phones. Basically: good active noise cancelling with decent but overly bassy sound that is far overpriced.

Mar 27, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #9 of 17
Dont waste your money. they are what $350 bucks?...I have tried so many noise cancelling headphones and none really sound that good. I even tried the sennheiser pxc350's which are supposed to be quite nice, and I did not hear much of a difference in noise cancelling or sound quality to that of some $80 dollar ones. They are a good idea for a plane or perhaps a car ride, but save your money for some good quality cans.

Mar 27, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #10 of 17
Not to discourage you or anything but this page tells you everything you need to know.

Search Page

Mar 27, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #12 of 17
i had a try with them at the apple store. the bass goes deep, and basically is a subwoofer. the rest of the spectrum sounded crappy. best way for me to describe the beats by dr dre are good subwoofer with crappy tweeters

Mar 28, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSky0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If nothing else, you have to admit advertising is a powerful thing.

I don't think anyone would argue that.

But look at what market segment this product is advertising to.

Granted, when they stuck a $350 price tag on these, they put themselves in a very competitive arena, BUT...the average kid at Best Buy looking for some really "trick" phones, probably doesn't know that there is better for less.

Mar 28, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #15 of 17
Objectively, they are the best sounding noise-cancelling headphones out here (gasp!)

Objectively, if you don't need noise cancelling technology, in which most users don't need at all unless you are a frequent flyer due to the advent of IEMs (and IEM's can be uncomfortable for flights), there are much better sounding headphones for less.

Objectively, the Dr.Dre Beats are not suited for hip-hop due to it's balanced sound i.e. Dr.Dre actually knows the concept of sound quality.

There. Saves you searching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back