beats by Dr Dre or Denon ah-d2000
Jul 24, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #46 of 51
Tubes arent specificly better but different, mostly sounds a bit warmer. Its a matter of taste, and some cans benefit more from tubes or Solid State(Non-tube)

A DAC is a Digital to Analog Convertor. Most soundcards have both analog and digital outputs. If you use an external dac, you are using the digital output from your soundcard bypassing its internal dac. An external dac is in most cases better and so improving your sound, but for additional $$$

Welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 24, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #47 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can't just plug the D2000s into an ipod or a laptop and expect to hear anything like explained in the reviews. Without an amp they are flat and lifeless, the beautiful bass impact comes from amping. Think about this... you plug the cans into your ipod, what driving them? the ipod battery? IEMs and the likes are fine from the ipod because they don't take much to drive them, full size cans are another story.

Welcome to head-fi by the way, sorry about your wallet!
evil_smiley.gif

exactly.

i have the D5000 and it's WORLDS above the Beats, but ONLY IF running through an amp.

i also have the Beats by Dre and they are great for plugging straight into an iPod because they are self-amped with batteries (and feature noise-cancelling).

Jul 24, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #48 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by boogiywoogiy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been looking and searching for tooo long now. I think Denon's should be the best choice. I'll also go for that amp u mentioned.

My pocket will feel light-weight, but the sound will be heavy weight....
biggrin.gif

I'll let you guys know how I felt once I have the stuff in and working.

Thanks

get the Cute Beyond amp.

cheap, yet perfect for the D2000

Jul 26, 2009 at 1:54 AM Post #50 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by talkingmuffin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
get the Cute Beyond amp.

cheap, yet perfect for the D2000

I checked this amp, its suitable for cans that have atleast 32ohm impedance, will they be effective for the d2000s??? as they are 25ohms.

Mar 4, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #51 of 51
hows the sound isolation of the d2000s? can they be used while traveling, for example, on a plane, without annoying the passenger sitting next to you, along with you not having to put your ipod volume really high to stop noise from coming in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back