Beats at BestBuy...
Sep 25, 2009 at 10:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Zombie_X

Headphoneus Supremus
I was at BB over the past weekend looking to pick up some Blu-Rays, but noticed a Mon$ter Beats table by the entrance. It even had a jack so you can plug in your own phones, so I couldn't resist. Don't ask me why I have my K701's on hand but I know how they sound through my amp.

I listened to the beats first and was like a big rush of "Meh!" followed by the sorrow of ever trying them on. To sum up their sound I'd have to say I'm not impressed. They sound nothing like their price tag would suggest.. Well that's Mon$ter for ya.

But yeah I pulled out my K701's and plugged them in. Whoah, they EQ the fricking hell out of these display stands. The bass was so over exaggerated on K701's they clipped on bass notes and the mids sound very weird.

So overal meh..

Sep 25, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #4 of 9
No their display stand has an optional output jack to try your other phones on. That's what I meant... sorry bout that.

Yeah I would suspect that they do sound better at home than out of the display but god, they EQ'ed them far too much.

Sep 25, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #5 of 9
wait, so you were carrying k701's on you while shopping at Bestbuy? or you had them in the car or something?

either way... lol
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 25, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #6 of 9
Actually was going to another Head-Fier's (well a lurker) house before that so he could listen to them. Had them in a back pack, my X-CanV8P was in the car. So I still had them on me.

Sep 26, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #9 of 9
I was at bestbuy yesterday also. They had those beats turned up so loud I wonder how the hell is anyone going to listen to them.

Yes I saw the optional jack there too where you can plug your own cans in. God I WISHED I had my K701 with me. But now that you mentioned the heavy EQ, I probably didn't miss much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back