Beats Are Magical! And Other Nearly-Criminal Marketing Schemes
Mar 11, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #425 of 436
Quote:
I don't really care for Beats headphones, but am I the only one that feels that this pic looks incredibly photoshopped?

I know this is an old post but I agree with you actually. The reflection and contrast of the headphones looks too unnatural. The photo looks like flash was used because Dre's clothing looks flat with the light coming from the direction of the camera whereas the headphones make it look like light is coming from above.

Mar 12, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #426 of 436
Quote:

I know this is an old post but I agree with you actually. The reflection and contrast of the headphones looks too unnatural. The photo looks like flash was used because Dre's clothing looks flat with the light coming from the direction of the camera whereas the headphones make it look like light is coming from above.

I don't know if you're referring to the purported photo of Dre with M50s, but that one is a 'shop.

Mar 12, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #428 of 436
I honestly don't care if they make statements that are obvious lies. Feel proud that you represent the minority that is knowledgeable when it comes to headphones and music. There is a reason artists with no talent rack up 100million views on youtube while Pink Floyd has a fraction of that, most of the population is stupid. Same reason most people will shell out $300 for Beats

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #429 of 436
take any headphone you have, EQ the bass up, EQ the upperbass and mids down, EQ the highs up. Thats like 80% how bad the beats sound.

May 5, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #430 of 436
Quote:
take any headphone you have, EQ the bass up, EQ the upperbass and mids down, EQ the highs up. Thats like 80% how bad the beats sound.

And then if u listen right next to a running car, then you get 90%, cause u replicate the details.

May 7, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #431 of 436
Quote:

I would have to say that, if you EQ the midbass all the way up, EQ the upperbass a little bit, completely eliminate the subbass and EQ the treble & highs down, you'd have about 90% of how the Beats Studio sound like.

Oct 19, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #434 of 436
This thread has been funny. But it got me thinking, when people go out, to RadioShack, or in airport stores, or wherever, what do they see on the racks? EXACTLY. My friends 11 year old kid told her he wants some beats. Well, I'd be falling off my chair if he asked for Sennheisers. I read some pages back (or maybe another thread) about "going down to their level."  But I think that reaching out to the masses makes GOOD BUSINESS SENSE. Hell, Sennheiser, Stax, someone hire me for marketing, we can take a midrange product, wipe the floor with all the stuff in the racks right now, and introduce more people to high-end audio in the process. More people = more sales = more $. Then prices can be lowered on all products since we don't have to pander to the "pro audiophiles with $" segment. Everyone wins. As a business, would you rather sell 10 headphones for $500 ($5000), or 100 for $100 ($10000)?

Oct 21, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #435 of 436
  This thread has been funny. But it got me thinking, when people go out, to RadioShack, or in airport stores, or wherever, what do they see on the racks? EXACTLY. My friends 11 year old kid told her he wants some beats. Well, I'd be falling off my chair if he asked for Sennheisers. I read some pages back (or maybe another thread) about "going down to their level."  But I think that reaching out to the masses makes GOOD BUSINESS SENSE. Hell, Sennheiser, Stax, someone hire me for marketing, we can take a midrange product, wipe the floor with all the stuff in the racks right now, and introduce more people to high-end audio in the process. More people = more sales = more $. Then prices can be lowered on all products since we don't have to pander to the "pro audiophiles with $" segment. Everyone wins. As a business, would you rather sell 10 headphones for $500 ($5000), or 100 for $100 ($10000)?

That's already being done, to varying degrees of success. UE's full-size line, Sennheiser's Momentum and Urbanite, AKG's Tiesto line...but Beats had a five-year head start and still has the dominating marketing force behind it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back