Beats Are Magical! And Other Nearly-Criminal Marketing Schemes
Dec 2, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #378 of 436
I'm going to put in my statement from when I tried my friend splits and they absolutely blew. I prefer apple IEM over them. I mean, damn, do they suck haha

Dec 2, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #380 of 436
The marketing is lame, but... its caught on. (HTC - Beats audio - Its only an EQ! yet the ADs say "Beats headphones required!" lolbullshet)

Lucky for me, Im around tech savy college kids & anytime I see one with beats the flirting tactic works, which ends in making them try either a Q460 (For Entry) or K601 (For Higher-end) MAYBE the D7000, though I rarely bring those with me. After they hear it & find out prices  usually few days later they bug about headphone reccomendations or weeks later end up with the same pair.

on a side note; the ones who are persistent with "beats are the best" I've noticed had lower GPAs then the ones that got coverted, that bit is highly amusing.

Those who use it for fashion sense are plain idiotic anyways. So what if everyone famous started to pink zebra print cloths, alot of sheeple prob would too....sane people sure as hell wont.

We should all get together and make Beats By Astley, $10 in parts and charge $300, and then make a revision 2 featuring all new stuff, but really only has different padding to effect the tone and see who falls for it ^^

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #381 of 436
Quote:
The marketing is lame, but... its caught on. (HTC - Beats audio - Its only an EQ! yet the ADs say "Beats headphones required!" lolbullshet)

Lucky for me, Im around tech savy college kids & anytime I see one with beats the flirting tactic works, which ends in making them try either a Q460 (For Entry) or K601 (For Higher-end) MAYBE the D7000, though I rarely bring those with me. After they hear it & find out prices  usually few days later they bug about headphone reccomendations or weeks later end up with the same pair.

on a side note; the ones who are persistent with "beats are the best" I've noticed had lower GPAs then the ones that got coverted, that bit is highly amusing.

Those who use it for fashion sense are plain idiotic anyways. So what if everyone famous started to pink zebra print cloths, alot of sheeple prob would too....sane people sure as hell wont.

We should all get together and make Beats By Astley, $10 in parts and charge $300, and then make a revision 2 featuring all new stuff, but really only has different padding to effect the tone and see who falls for it ^^

Honestly, I'm not surprised even in the slightest.  Those who will believe anything can't be the brightest people in the world.

& then we can make a revision 3 by painting it a different color a dozen times and charge the same amount for all of them, THEN create a "limited edition" by painting a more expensive item in a different color, only to have it chip a few months after owning it.

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #382 of 436
great idea! im sure no one would have ever thought about doing tha- oh wait..... dr.dre already did it did he? (is the Justbeats anymore expensive than the regular solo?)

Dec 3, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #383 of 436
Quote:

Beats by Astely, Sponsored by Mountain Dew and Doritos. Featuring Lil Wayne'

Dec 3, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #384 of 436
Quote:
great idea! im sure no one would have ever thought about doing tha- oh wait..... dr.dre already did it did he? (is the Justbeats anymore expensive than the regular solo?)

Well, its same price as solo HD  but $40 more then the price of Solo now, atleast.
Quote:
Beats by Astely, Sponsored by Mountain Dew and Doritos. Featuring Lil Wayne'

Lil Wayne' would totally ruin rickrolling.

Dec 3, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #385 of 436
You have to be a real schmuck to buy a pair of these, let alone 2! I can't believe they have a quantity selector!

Dec 3, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #386 of 436
Quote:
You have to be a real schmuck to buy a pair of these, let alone 2! I can't believe they have a quantity selector!

Why pay that much? I can buy like 20 pairs of beats for cheap from china 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 3, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #387 of 436
Quote:

Why pay that much? I can buy like 20 pairs of beats for cheap from china 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Lol how cheap? I'de be interested just so I can have em to make fun of, and have friends compare to my Q701 :)

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #389 of 436
Well this thread also says "and other nearly criminal marketing schemes".

There are by far worse marketing ripoffs.

Take this HDMI cable from AudioQuest for $1100.00!!!!!! It is an HDMI cable folks. It transmits 1's and 0's. It is digital.

And if you really want a laugh take a look at the almost 100 reviews, they are hilarious. At least people seem smart enough for the most part not to waste their money on a 3 foot cable, but I looked this up to begin with after seeing some poor audio noob get sold a $175 dollar HDMI at BB by a salesman without even asking him what type of reciever/speakers he was using with his new TV.....

To me THAT is criminal.

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #390 of 436
Quote:
Well this thread also says "and other nearly criminal marketing schemes".
There are by far worse marketing ripoffs.
Take this HDMI cable from AudioQuest for $1100.00!!!!!! It is an HDMI cable folks. It transmits 1's and 0's. It is digital.
And if you really want a laugh take a look at the almost 100 reviews, they are hilarious. At least people seem smart enough for the most part not to waste their money on a 3 foot cable, but I looked this up to begin with after seeing some poor audio noob get sold a $175 dollar HDMI at BB by a salesman without even asking him what type of reciever/speakers he was using with his new TV.....
To me THAT is criminal.

ouch for that poor guy.... ignorance really is expensive (but knowlage is expensive too though, for good reasons at least)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back