Beats Are Magical! And Other Nearly-Criminal Marketing Schemes
Jul 21, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #16 of 436
Not really, i personally think beats are kinda cool.... a necklace that can be used as headphones.
biggrin.gif

Jul 21, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #21 of 436
I don't hate people who own beats, i hate beats. Beats don't sound too bad... well atleast the studios and the pros but the marketing is completely false and they are ripping people off who value design over sound.

Jul 21, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #22 of 436
Some people own Beats because they legitimately like how they look and buy it as a fashion accessory.  I don't mind that.  I just don't like it when they truly feel they have the epitome of headphone design in their possession with them...and how they can actually listen to better headphones and still stay in denial.  That said, the Studio and Pro models aren't that bad really, but the Solos are atrocious.

Seriously though, that marketing they're doing is terrible...better IEMs have existed for years before Beats (decades even) and far better and far cheaper ones exist even now.  There have been many other earphones designed for exercise before them too, so that is also a flat-out lie (Sennheiser comes to mind).

Jul 21, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #25 of 436
I do prefer the look of headphones like the LCD-2 for example but i do understand the appeal for plastic blinged out or sleek looking headphones like the beats or skullcandy, but it really comes down to whether you prefer sound or design.

Jul 21, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #27 of 436
Ones persons " HOLY CRAP THOSE ARE AWESOME" and another persons "HOLY CRAP THOSE ARE AWESOME" can be 2 totally difrerent statements. One person might think the LCD-3 or 2 are really cool looking some might think they would rather be shot than wear them, its all what you think. Also you can buy headphones for half the price of beats that sound 2x as good, when you buy beats you are paying for the name and look.

Jul 21, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #28 of 436
If they already have the beats don't be a ****** and go show them your headphones saying how it stomps theirs for half the price. They already have them...let them be happy.

Not everything is about pure function. Just look at your car, your clothes... you are branded just like everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back