beats are actually an upgrade for some people?
Apr 25, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #16 of 34

Quote:

WaT dO YoU MeAn? DeY HaVe BoSe iN BeSt BuY.

i personally dont have problem with bose (not that i own any bose products but i have demoed the qc15 in best buy and they sound decent to me) but i was referring something that is more audiophile like, for example high end sennheisers, beyerdynamics, denons, audezes, and so on... i did see a pair of akg q701 in best buy tho in the hifi room 

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #17 of 34
[size=medium]It is strange or not I do not know, but my friend with beats studio like 128k more than 320k/flac for same song[/size]

[size=medium]and when I offer him my D2K few mins with it and says, “crap I cannot hear bass”[/size]

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #18 of 34

Quote:
[size=medium]It is strange or not I do not know, but my friend with beats studio like 128k more than 320k/flac for same song[/size]

[size=medium]and when I offer him my D2K few mins with it and says, “crap I cannot hear bass”[/size]

i offer my friend who uses beats studio to try my sennheiser pxc450 and his response was "no bass". my other friend who uses bose ie2 said my pxc450 has no bass and his bose sounds better. about the higher bitrate of songs, i find that weird because my feeling of higher bitrate songs have better clarity, more detailed, and the bass seems to be not subdued. i have listened to same songs with different bitrates but never a/bed them to see if i can actually hear the difference but thats my impression on what the difference is. you guys are welcome to call my impression wrong and placebo, so come at me guys 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #19 of 34
mabe the fact that higher res files often have rolled off highs makes the bass stand out first?

Apr 26, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #21 of 34

Quote:

seriously, why dont they have high end audio equipments in like best buy?

The market isn't really big enough. Besides, crap with higher profit margins that are easier to sell, like the Beats, provides more profit for them.

Apr 26, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #23 of 34

Quote:

there are some that have hd800 displays set up

never seen a best buy has that lol, where do you live?

Quote:

The market isn't really big enough. Besides, crap with higher profit margins that are easier to sell, like the Beats, provides more profit for them.

oh yeah, thats right, that actually makes perfect sense. 

Apr 26, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #25 of 34
I've tried the solos, studios and pros. The studios and solos are just.... No. Just don't touch them. The pros were borderline decent. But definitely not worth 400$. They were also very uncomfortable, didn't isolate well and didn't have much bass impact. Maybe I was wearing them wrong but I thought they were pretty bad.

Apr 26, 2012 at 7:52 AM Post #26 of 34
No bass on the Pros? Definitely doing something wrong.

Quote:
I've tried the solos, studios and pros. The studios and solos are just.... No. Just don't touch them. The pros were borderline decent. But definitely not worth 400$. They were also very uncomfortable, didn't isolate well and didn't have much bass impact. Maybe I was wearing them wrong but I thought they were pretty bad.

Apr 26, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #27 of 34
No bass on the Pros? Definitely doing something wrong.

Quote:

It'snot that tere was no bass, just the impact wasn't that strong. I still felt it and heard it. Maybe I just needed a better seal.

Apr 26, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #28 of 34
Most people are not as obsessed with headphones as we all are, they pick up beats because they are available in store, they look nice and sound good and are comfy , really simple.

Apr 26, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #29 of 34
Sure, when you are upgrading from the default option, usually being ipod buds, anything will pretty much sound better. Use a string and 2 paper cups, and that will sound just as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back