beats are actually an upgrade for some people?
Apr 24, 2012 at 4:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

reddragon

Headphoneus Supremus
my friend and i were talking today and we somehow got into the conversation of audio. he said he wants a pair of beats, i asked why and surprisingly his reason was not to look cool but he said his friend had a pair of beats and he listened to them and to him they sounded really clear. he said the only reason why he didnt buy them was because they cost too much. he is currently using a pair of 20 dollars iems that he doesnt even know what brand they are and they dont sound good. he also mentioned he might look at bose because he heard bose is also good. i asked him about his budget and what he looks for in sound. he said he wants a clear sound with a good amount of bass and his budget is 50 dollars. he said he wanted a pair of full sized headphones but afraid they would be too inconvenient and so he said he might go for iems. i told him to check out the panasonic htf600 if he wants a headphone or the klipsch s4 if he wants iem. but the point of this post is have you ever encountered people that buy beats for their actual sound quality and not the nice looking "b" on the outside of the earcups?

Apr 24, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #2 of 34
Yea, sound is relative. People compare sound to they best thing they have heard. The Beats must be the best thing he has heard and therefore it sounds really clear to him.

Apr 24, 2012 at 7:24 AM Post #3 of 34

Quote:
Yea, sound is relative. People compare sound to they best thing they have heard. The Beats must be the best thing he has heard and therefore it sounds really clear to him.

and that's why it is sometimes it is difficult to advice 'beats infected' consumers to try out other better things because they have set their mindset to always believe beats are the best.

Apr 24, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #6 of 34
Everyone I know that owns/likes Beats headphones/IEMS fall into 2 categories -

1) They love the looks
2) They believe it is the best, or at least, one of the very best sounding cans/IEMs on the market

People I know in the first category tell me outright that the Beats are pretty looking. I really can't complain about this, since I myself find the Solos a pretty pair of cans.

Friends I know who belong in the 2nd category have never heard anything other than Beats (or cheap ATs/Sonys/Skullcandys). I try to introduce them to better headphones, but at the end of the day, sound is subjective. If someone likes how the Beats sound, then so be it. You can't fight someone's preference. :/

Apr 24, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #7 of 34

Quote:
... Pisses me off when people assume expensive headphones should be bassier than a car sub..

Wow Wow,,,, take it easy dude. :)

Apr 24, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #8 of 34
My friend with Beats Studios was speechless after listening to my DT770/80s hehe

They are really depressing when I've heard them.  The "pros" are actually decent imo from my quick demo of them, but not for anywhere near 500 smackers :p

Apr 24, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #9 of 34
One of the 10th grade students in my 5th period today was showing off a photograph he has on his phone... apparently, he owned four different colors of Beats (and I noticed that he had a pair of Beats Pros with the flippable earcups, color-coordinated to his outfit of course, around his neck today). For my students, the Beats are both a fashion accessory and a desirable level in sound quality (at that age, with the music to which they listen, they're just looking for noisy bass).

I try to stay out of the Beats conversations and let the kids be kids.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 24, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #10 of 34
Beats are an upgrade over the Apple stock earbuds. How do you guys forget that?  
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 24, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #11 of 34
There's always a 'best' until you hear something 'better'.
Secondly, serious audio products are not as readily available on most electronics shops.

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #14 of 34
BoSe Is LiK3 t3h B3st!#@!3

z0mG12##$)$)! L3ts AlL buY BoS3 HeDpH0neZ  $!

lol 
wink.gif

i actually owned a pair of bose on-ears not to long ago (at the time, i believed them to be "reference" sound quality), and almost bought a pair of pink beats during the winter season.

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #15 of 34

Quote:

seriously, why dont they have high end audio equipments in like best buy?

i used to think the answer was price, but then i noticed that best buy sells a lot of overpriced crap. now i think the reason is because the buyers for best buy know as little about quality as the customers. if customers knew more and demanded high end, you can be sure best buy would stock it. in the end, though, most educated consumers buy online, and most people who wander into best buy know nothing and actually think the guys in the blue shirts are "experts."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back