beats and bose
Apr 27, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #61 of 62
Just like JamieKing, and many others, there's no shortage of Beats for sale on eBay, craigslist etc, the proof is in the pudding. If they were as great as they're Hype, everyone would be clamoring to buy them, not sell them. Bose has a policy that they're products cannot be displayed so that a direct comparison can be made to anything reasonably good, but it sounds like from comments from a poster earlier, that places like Best Buy only carries the worst line-up of cans ,so comparison in store really won't do you much good. This only hurts the newby, they end up with junk and don't have any decent references. I over heard a co-worker giving advice about some no name phones to get, comparing the quality to the Beats, I had to bite my tongue and walk out of the room, didn't want to start a debate. Like talking religion, the naive believe what ever is handed them, no questions. Sad really.

Apr 27, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #62 of 62
Best Buy sales their headphones by how much profit they can make off of them. If you go in and listen, you'll notice they under-power all the competitors for Beats and Bose. Some decent headphones such as the Sennheiser were underdriven and the Beats get their own private showcase with a decent amp built inside. You don't see the amp powering the Beats so you think they are better cans because of how improperly the rest of the cans are setup. The real goodies like the HD 280s, 598s and koss are displayed in a seperate section. I feel bad for the people who never gets to experience a decent audio setup. It's just sad when the truth is crushed under a mountain of marketing ploys and clever misrepresentation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back