Beatles on CD - any good remasters yet?
Dec 18, 2005 at 3:40 AM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mastergill
Personally i don't think the original releases sound that bad. The White Album sounds very very good to my ears.

I know what you mean. A couple of years ago it had been like 8 years since I'd listened to the later CDs and I guess I'd been brain washed a bit from seeing consistent negative comments into thinking that they were really very dreadful. I played Sgt Pepper and was like "hey this isn't so wretched". It's the imagining what they could be that generates some of the angst.

I listened to Abbey Road the other day due to seeing the thread here about it and enjoyed it. I don't have that studio mastering education to be able to point out what's going on there because some things sound really good and other things are obviously wrong. Listening to it with someone who knows what's what would be fascinating, a guided tour. Bottom line for me is that there isn't an insurmountable barrier to immense pleasure, I can turn it up.

Dec 18, 2005 at 4:13 PM Post #17 of 18
Please do not discuss downloading of copyrighted material. I know that this seems harmless enough, and that this stuff is a point of interest for many. This is especially so when it concerns material that is generally unavailable in the marketplace.

However, what we DON'T want is for someone who has an financial interest in that same copyrighted material deciding that this site is facilitating such activities. Folks like that tend to have attorneys hanging around looking for something to do. That would be very bad for all of us. I don't mean to be heavy-handed, but my interest is in avoiding having something like that happen, even if it means pruning discussion of such things that I might otherwise find interesting.

So please don't discuss stuff like that here...thanks.

Dec 18, 2005 at 4:28 PM Post #18 of 18
See, I told ya...
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back