Beatles 'Blue Box' - Original?
Feb 19, 2009 at 9:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

moomaloo

New Head-Fier
Hi all. I don't know if anyone can shine any light on this but it's been puzzling me for years:

I have a lovely mint UK edition of the 'Blue Box' LP box set (EMI BC13) - The complete run of UK albums plus the Rareties LP which was only released with this set.

This set comes in the blue box with gold foil lettering and also has the poster which was only included in the first pressing / first copies. I've owned this set for many years but I didn't buy it from new.

So far, so good.... But. All of the album sleeves except Rareties have bar codes printed on the backs.

Now this set was released in 1978. Surely that would pre-date bar coding?

I can't understand this and I wondered if anyone knew any more about it? Was this set ever reissued? Does anyone here have an original UK set and do your album sleeves have bar codes?

Everything seems 'right' except for this bar code business. I've searched high and low but I can't find any pictures of the rear album sleeves.

Anyone...

Feb 20, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #4 of 4
Although someone here may know the answer, you'll probably have better luck asking this at the Steve Hoffman forums: SH Forums - Powered by vBulletin Lots of Beatles nuts and collectors over there. They'll eat that kind of question up in seconds flat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back