Beat Headphones for PC Gaming and Rap/Drum&Bass/Electronica/Dubstep
Nov 15, 2011 at 6:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

AshJones17

New Head-Fier
Hey guys i am looking to buy a set of headphones with a maximum spending budget of £350. I am currently not biased towards any manufacturer, but know i would really like a good deal of bass without losing out on a huge amount of treble and mid-range quality, and want quite a good sound-stage. Due to being a bit of a newbie and being swayed by modern trends i have found myself tempted by the new Monster Beats by Dr. Dre Pro's, but a friend of mine has repeatedly warned me that you pay for the name with these, and that i should stay away from these pieces of s**t at all costs. Advice and recommendations would be gratly apprecieated

Nov 15, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #2 of 25
Overpriced for what you get has been said about the Beats on this website more then once.

Are you looking for closed or open headphones?
What source(s) will you be plugging the headphones into?
How about getting a headphone amplifier to go with the new headphones?

Nov 15, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #3 of 25
The ones that fit your requirements are Beyer models. (DT770 pro)

Nov 15, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #4 of 25
From what i know, open generally offers better clarity? If that is the case then open is my main choice as the noise isolation offered by closed doesnt really bother me as such. They will be plugged up to my new pc, though i dont have a dedicated sound card. Would certainly consider an amp as i want to achieve the ultimate sound available for my money.

Nov 15, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #5 of 25
What about upgrading to a dedicated soundcard? it what most gamers do. 

Nov 15, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #6 of 25
Also sounds like a good recommendation. You recommend the Beyerdynamic 770's. Would i be able to purchase these along with a good sound card and an amplifier for under my £350 budget. If so could you spec it for me? I know that a few people hype over the Denon AH D2000's for strong bass. Do the beyers exceed these. Same question for the Sennheiser 595's

Nov 15, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #7 of 25
The one that comes to mind is the Essence Stx. It have a built in headphone amp..should be capable of driving the beyers.

The 595's are open back, they have a good soundstage but bass is on the light side. 

Nov 15, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #8 of 25
Thanks for that, ill look into that card. Yeah i was expecting that the Senns might be a little lacking in the bass. I know this is going to sound like a silly comment but although i can imagine the beyers offer excellent performance, the ear cushioning material and general styling of theee cans is not to my usual taste. Are there any others on the market that offer similar performance to the beyers but with more of a conventional styling found with the senns e.t.c?

Nov 15, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #9 of 25
hum, for gaming/movie/electro/rap/hip-hop... pro900 is an excellent choice imo. price between 350-400 €

Nov 15, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #10 of 25
I forgot to ask, are you into competitive gaming? 

Nov 15, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #13 of 25
A Titanium HD with CMSS-3D on in gaming mode with a HTF600 with velours. Set you back $200 at the most. But this is exactly how you describe your needs. I am and avid BF3 player.. The soundcard will cost more than the headphone. Then you can buy a Samson SR850 for competitive play and use your Panasonic HTF600s for your bass heavy music and if you want Bass in your games. You get that a plenty using the HTF600s.. Still set you back $250 well within your budget..These 2 are the best 1, 2 combo for gaming I have. Fantastic value for the price.

And I can vouch for the performance on the HTF600s with bass heavy tunes. Fantastic for Dub/ Trance/ EDM. Perfect for the genre actually.

Nov 15, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #14 of 25

Quote:
Then you can buy a Samson SR850 for competitive play and use your Panasonic HTF600s for your bass heavy music and if you want Bass in your games

Im with you. 
Op, i think you need to buy 2 different set of heaphones. 

Nov 15, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #15 of 25
I dont know what that guy up there was thinking, recommending HD595. NEVER get hd595's with your kind of music. my friend bought some, he listens to mostly classical. Its like getting your home audio setup to sound absolutely perfect, speakers and subwoofer perfectly balanced, and then turning off the sub.

DONT get 595, they sound great for mids and treble. they dont even HAVE bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back