Bay area meetup?
Sep 14, 2010 at 7:57 AM Post #5 of 92
there are tons of people in the bay area, so there is less of a need for an interest check.

Just pick a date, find a hotel with cental location ( not deep south bay or marin,) and announce. I had 50-100 people at the meets I threw together in NorCal so anybody can do this.

Nov 10, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #9 of 92
OH DUH, I forgot to put up my EQUIPMENT to bring:

SOURCES:

iRiver H140+SysConcept Optical IC+iBasso D10 (HiFlight Topkit (Class A Dual Burr-Brown TDA2141))

lisse Q10

s:flo2

AMPS:

ELEKIT TU-882AS w/ WE396A dual triode tubes, Skylab ranks this tube amp 8 or 9th in the world last i checked. best in $500 dollar USD range.

Phones: 

Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9A

Yamaha HP-3 Orthodynamic (original condition)

Soundesign 349 (mint condition)

That's my Gears list.

Hope that intrigues some of you!

Nov 14, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #14 of 92
Yes! Interested...

Nov 15, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #15 of 92
No question that there is sufficient interest in the area. I'd like to attend another good-sized meet. So many cans, so many amps to try.

But somebody needs to do the basic organizing -- set a date and people will turn up. Here is Moderator jp11801's outline of How-To from an earlier interest check:

"step one, pick a venue with over 1000sq ft of space

step two, select an available date at said venue

step three, remove credit card from wallet and reserve this room

step four, announce date and location

step five, go to meet and have a blast while at meet announce/ask for donations to cover expense

step six, pack up gear and go home"

Voltron organized a great one last February -- he would surely give advice on another. I can bring AKG K702 and K601 cans. Maybe a new Sjostrom DIY amp if I can finish assembly soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back